Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in public health/civil or water engineering or a related field. Solid experience in WASH related programmes including in emergency context is needed if the qualification is not public health
• Recommended minimum of six years of relevant technical experience including two years at senior level
• Proven skills and experience in undertaking assessments and designing/writing quality technical proposals in the sector
• Proven experience in programme development, project cycle management and monitoring and evaluation related to the sector including writing up high quality project/donor reports
• Proven experience of developing and managing high quality, innovative and cost-effective technical WASH projects in fragile and insecure environments, preferably in the Horn of Africa context and with International NGOs
• Proven experience and skills in advocacy and building work relationships with local/national governments and influencing institutional, private and/or corporate donors
• Solid experience and excellent skills in capacity building of systems, staff, partners and other actors related to WASH
• Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical support to field teams
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
• Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
• Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
• Willingness to be deployed part or full time in to emergency response as per need and as directed
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
• Commitment to Save the Children values