Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
ADMINISTRATION DIVISION | Security Departments:
- Ensure that all exit and entry point to and from the university are protected and there is a 24-hour physical presence of guards.
- Co-ordinate the functions of the contracted security guards by supervision to ensure that they meet the university expectation.
- Report all the daily occurrences for action through the chain of command.
- Assist with the security training and awareness to all contracted guards to conform to the university internal security needs (done by carrying out routine lectures, compliance physical checks of the guards and their assignments).
- Monitoring movements of university equipment into and out of campus by verifying gate passes.
- Conduct regular searches to unearth crime and criminality. Enforcement of all rules/regulations/policies with which it is charged.
- Monitor functionality of perimeter fence, CCTV, fire-fighting equipment and secure lighting system in the university.
- Preventing and protection against hazards of flooding by constantly checking on taps to turn off taps left running.
- Ensure that only members of USIU-Africa community use the university facilities unless otherwise specified.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the management /laws from time to time.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science or any social science (OR a diploma in lieu of the above in a security-related discipline or social science) from an accredited university.
- Kenya Certificate Secondary Education grade C+ (plus) or equivalent.
- Have served for a period of five (5) years in the disciplined forces or held a supervisory role from recognized security firms.
- Possession of a valid driving license.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Tactical training skills
- Administrative and management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Recording devices operation skills.