Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR | Internal Audit Department
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor in risk assessment and annual audit planning.
- Assist in expeditiously executing the approved audit plan activities, as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor and preparing reports to highlight areas for improvement on internal controls.
- Assist in assessing organization’s information security practices and recommend as appropriate, enhancements to, or implementation of, new controls and safeguards.
- Conduct periodic audits of computer systems and make post-installation evaluations of data processing systems.
- Assist in implementing appropriate follow up mechanisms to ensure that agreed audit recommendations are implemented by management.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor in managing the day to day administration of the audit function in the university, preparation of departmental budgets and in the improvement of departmental processes.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or Information Technology (3.3 GPA/Upper Second Class Honors and above) from an accredited University.
- Certified Public Accountant (K) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA). Certified Information Security Analyst (CISA) will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of audit work experience.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability