Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR MORE JOBS
The job holder is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal department, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
1. Legal risk
• Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
• Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements.
• Provide advice to the divisions of the company on all legal, regulatory and contractual matters affecting the operations, operational interest or assets of the Corporation, including industrial matters.
• Ensure compliance by the company of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements relevant to its business.
• Safeguard the Corporation’s interests and ensuring that they are adequately defended before the Courts, relevant environmental regulatory bodies, tribunals, either through internal legal resource or use of appointed external company lawyers.
• Prepare, vet, negotiate and execute contracts on behalf of the Corporation.
2. Policy development
• Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
3. Litigation management
• Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
4. Regulatory compliance
• Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
• Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
5. Contract negotiation
• Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
• Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
• Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
Required education Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience 7 years