Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Transportation and Automotive
Workshop Foreman – Motor Vehicles
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Assigned tools and equipment
- Carry out all assigned repairs on motor vehicles to the highest standards in compliance with manufacturers repair manuals.
- Perform preventive maintenance schedules as planned to minimize breakdowns.
- Recovery of motor vehicles that have broken down in the field and undertaking necessary repairs.
- Observe safety precautions while undertaking repairs at all times and use of PPEs.
- Maintain assigned tools in good condition and in safe custody.
- Maintain highest standards of cleanliness at the garage area, environs and for equipment in use.
- Raise and update workshop job cards on repairs carried out and parts fitted.
- Carry out driving duties as assigned and ensure a courteous, safe and efficient services and for all occupants and other road users.
- Account for all spares, accessories etc. that are fitted on assigned motor vehicles during repairs.
- Comply and observe the Kenyan Highway Code and Programme’s policies on driving at all times.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Technician Certificate Part 3 or Grade Test 3
- At least 3 years carrying out maintenance of motor vehicles
- Valid Driving licence BCE
- Familiarity with repair manuals, parts catalogues etc.
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and Kiswahili
- Good troubleshooting and fault diagnosis skills
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take and follow instruction
- Proactive and initiative in resolution of problems
- Team working
- Punctual with a sense of urgency
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 20 June, 2017.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).