Southern Star Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Limited is a fast growing savings and credit co-operative society. The Sacco has branches and outlets in the following areas. Chuka, Marima, Chogoria, Kiangua, Kianjagi, Kibugua and Githurai. The Sacco wishes to recruit the following personnel to support its growth.
job ref. no.IT0117(1 position)
He/she will be responsible for designing the network in ways that optimize its performance and maintaining the organizations IT hardware.
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs and install and reinforce requisite network security.
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance with minimal interruptions to operations.
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information.
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions.
- Carry out any other assignments as directed by the ICT Manager
- KCSE C+
- BSc in computer science, BIT, Computer engineering or relevant field. CCNA, A+, and CISCO qualifications are strongly preferred.
- 1 year Proven experience as Network & Hardware Administrator or relevant position.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware.
Qualified candidates should put in their applications online by completing the online forms at Online Job Application Form on or before 27th June 2017. Only online applications will be accepted. Please submitt the application once.