Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. We charge to rewrite your resume. Send your resume for possible placement.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Vacancy Notice No.: EXT/F/18-20
Title: Logistics Coordinator
Contract Type: Fixed-term
Starting Salary: CHF 70,667 net per annum (approximate) Issued On: 19 April 2018
(24 day(s) until closing date)
Currently accepting applications
Application Deadline (CET): 17 May 2018
Division: Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation
Duration: Two years with the possibility of extension
Conditions: In accordance with WTO Staff Regulations and Staff Rules and WTO Pension Plan Regulations.
The World Trade Organization offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, separation grant and 30 days annual leave. Benefits for internationally recruited staff may include travel and removal expenses on appointment and separation, installation grant, education grant, rental subsidy and home leave.
Additional information on the compensation package is provided on the WTO website:
The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill a position of Logistics Coordinator in the Logistics Unit of the Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation. The Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation (ITTC) designs, coordinates and implements trade-related technical assistance activities. With support across the WTO Secretariat, the ITTC delivers specific technical assistance products as mandated by WTO members in the regularly updated Technical Assistance and Training Plans.
Reporting to the Head of Logistics Unit, the incumbent will work as part of a team of Logistics Coordinators, taking charge of organizing the logistics for Technical Assistance (TA) activities assigned to the incumbent, including the following functions:
1. Coordinate and initiate sending invitations / reminders for all Technical Assistance activities to Permanent Missions, Regional Secretariats, specialized Agencies and Ministries. Collect replies from invited countries and institutions; submit them to division staff responsible for activity selection; prepare lists of selected participants and inform relevant Officials, Mission, Institutions and Ministries.
2. Provide TA activity participants and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. external experts, hotel managers, WTO staff participating in the TA activity, etc.) with the necessary information on administrative, financial and logistical arrangements (e.g. meeting room arrangements, accommodation, travel itineraries, etc.). Ensure flight bookings for the participants and external experts through the Travel Agency. Prepare official attestations that may be required to facilitate this process.
3. Upon request, assist the Head of Logistics Unit on planning and allocating the work amongst team members.
4. Verify final invoice/s from hotels with initially signed contracts and follow up on payments (e.g. per diem, terminal expenses, reimbursements, etc.) with the Finance Section and UBS Bank.
5. Verify the final lists of confirmed participants and speakers and keep the relevant databases updated accordingly.
Completion of secondary education. Secretarial/administrative/office management qualifications will be considered an advantage.
Knowledge and skills:
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
Good knowledge of administrative, financial and logistical rules and procedures, preferably in a multilateral organization.
A good understanding of WTO Members, Observers, and other Institutions collaborating with the WTO.
Office management and administrative skills.
Excellent word processing skills; good level of Excel to be able to create tables and charts; good level of PowerPoint to be able to put together slides and align them to a set template.
Excellent organizational skills including ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
Client service skills.
Tact and discretion. Confidentiality skills.
Problem solving skills and a solutions-oriented mindset.
Ability to review the work of junior staff members and give feedback.
Ability to relate to and build relationships with colleagues.
Ability to communicate information in a clear way and to understand information.
Ability to persuade others to a point of view using facts.
Ability to work as a member of a team, relating to others, while working independently to achieve his/her objectives.
At least five years’ relevant professional experience, including in international organizations.
Proficiency is required in English and French, to enable the incumbent to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely, orally and in written form. Ability to understand and draft basic e-mails and respond to phone calls or queries in Spanish is also required.
Only applications from nationals of WTO Members will be accepted.
The WTO may use various communication technologies such as video or teleconference for the assessment and evaluation of candidates. The recruitment process may also involve the use of various forms of testing, assessment centres, interviews and reference checks.
Candidates not selected whose performance in the selection process nevertheless shows them to be suitable for a similar position may be kept on a roster for up to 12 months, and may subsequently be called upon as and when the need arises for additional resources.