Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. We charge to rewrite your resume. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
Primary Location: Kenya,Nairobi Area,Nairobi
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Function: Institutional Sales
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18058931
Assists the CSDM Head prepare and execute the treasury sales and derivatives plan. Ensures treasury products are of high quality, and delivers target flow and spread revenue. This role contributes in making Citibank Kenya Treasury the first choice for customers and professionals in the market.
• Meet revenue targets through flow business as well as upgrading the clients to derivative products.
• Deliver FX Customers/Volume targets by providing excellent deal execution and quality service.
• Deliver market information and insight to customers via newsletters, research and face to face interface.
A well-coordinated marketing and sales approach is necessary in the very competitive banking industry. In this role, innovation is essential to keep a step ahead of the competition and retain relevance in the mind of the client. A more demanding customer base due to increasing financial sector maturity, leads to sharper spreads, and therefore the need for more sophisticated products and higher levels of service.
In a rapidly changing regulatory environment, maintaining very close oversight on systems, controls and processes while embedding a culture of ethics and responsible finance is key.
The role works with support from CSDM Head in executing the sales and derivatives plan and works with Relationship Managers in Corporate Banking, NPI, Liability Management Group to coordinate joint calling/ strategy plans for effective client coverage. Daily interactions with Treasury Operations/ Operations Control to follow up on exceptions to smooth settlement of customer deals executed by the sales team is core to the job.
• Execute the treasury sales and derivatives plan, to cover all treasury products and customer segments.
• Deliver market information and insight to customers via newsletters, research and face-to-face interface.
• Responsible for full range of trading activities including FX, Money Markets, Corporate Services and off-balance sheet products.
• Actively support product and customer development.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Accounting, Science, Computers or Math.
• 2 years direct FX/MM trading, operations or sales experience.
• Good knowledge of Kenyan macroeconomics and financial markets.
• Experience dealing in one or more foreign currencies.
• Analytical thinking.
• Quick thinker, who can translate rapid decisions into immediate action.
• Good presentation skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Strong selling skills
Person should display strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills (oral and written), high curiosity and enthusiasm, creativity and flexibility, ability to handle pressure, team player, competent at negotiation/influence, ability to prioritize and pay attention to details and to execute.
Should the Business Head and HR deem there to be high potential candidates who do not fully meet the inherent requirements of the role the candidate may be considered for the position, provided they have certain skills and experience which are closely related to the role. In the exceptional cases where we hire a more junior candidate, HR may require to bring in the candidate at the appropriate grade than the one advertised to maintain internal equity. In these cases the Business and HR will work together to determine a formal developments plan for the candidate to get them up to the appropriate grade.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer