Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. We charge to rewrite your resume. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
Primary Location: Kenya,Nairobi Area,Nairobi
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18057419
1. PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The holder of the position will assist the Operations Control Head to perform reviews and control activities as per the Kenya Operations Control proof charts to ensure that appropriate controls are in place and are functioning as required. The holder will be required to highlight to operations management all concerns arising from failure of controls that could result in losses to the bank.
The Operations Control Officer job is a vital role as it serves to ensure that internal controls within the bank are operating as designed. It servers to maintain a system of reviews to assure management of the quality of the processes, verification of general ledger accounts and transactions to ensure reliability of the banks financial records.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Critical Controls Testing – Being responsible to execute Global Critical Controls Test Plan, review country specific processes based on any local requirements, ensure timely submission of review results and corrective actions with focus on content and quality. Work with Operations in planning corrective actions and on- going analysis and monitoring of exceptions trend.
• Proactive Reviews – Execute proactive review schedule for the year including:
– Health checks: Conduct targeted reviews focused on specific operating areas /functions or a business unit driven by control concerns/high risk areas/OREs.
– Process deep-dive: Conduct front to back review of a function of business aligned process driven by function/process failures and control indicators.
– Conformance reviews: Conduct targeted reviews to ensure compliance/conformance with procedures and programs relating to operations global, regional functional policies etc. driven by new or changed policies, standards or directives, audit and business monitoring issues.
• Controls Advisory – Provide guidance to Operations as it relates to control design. Control evaluation of NPACs and key policies, standards, directives as it relates to Operations.
• Risk and Control Support – On an ad-hoc basis, provide any specific onsite support on the following areas TPM, COB, Fraud Management, Entitlements, EUCs.
• Control Forums – Participate in Risk and Controls forums, focus on emerging trends and key risk indicators, be engaged in key developments and awareness.
• MPP – Provide guidance on Manual Payments Processing to Operations, monitor MPP deviations. Review of MPP process and underlying controls on periodic basis.
• Operations Risk Events (ORE) Oversight (e.g. PLE/Near Miss, Ops Losses etc.) – Provide guidance and be point of escalation, follow through units to ensure timelines are adhered to for input into system, challenge remedial actions and root cause. Check data quality for OREs and be part of the approval chain wherever required. Work with stake holders in root cause analysis and documenting lessons learnt.
• Audit Interface and oversight – In partnership with Operations, ensure a state of audit readiness at any point of time. Close monitoring of the IA, regulatory and other reviews.
• CAP Management – Be engaged with Operations through full lifecycle of CAP, review of the CAPs prior to raising in iCAPs to ensure the quality of the CAP, perform validation to ensure sustainable remediation for level 3 and above and all IA CAPS.
• KRI Oversight and Challenge – Monitor metrics and key risk indicators via Operations MIS and ICG dashboards. Analyze and monitor emerging trends, engage with Operations to drive remediation, challenge key risk items within Operations metrics and continuous monitoring for improvements in key risk indicators.
• MCA Oversight – Review the effectiveness of MCA and ensure it properly covers risks and controls for area of responsibility, monitoring methodologies capture the issues effectively.
• Balance Sheet Exceptions Reporting – Monitor BSER exceptions, work with Operations to understand key BSER risk items for escalation where required, monitor trends and variances, work with operations on remediation plans and minimize manual touch points.
• RED Account Oversight – Monitor the number and value of red accounts, review underlying root cause, analyze and monitor trends, work with Account Owner/Proof Owner on remediation.
• End User Computing EUC Oversight – Understand and evaluate inherent and residual risk, work with Operations to mitigate use of EUCs, oversight and advice to ensure all EUCs are registered and correctly classified.
• Effective back up and succession plans.
• Enhance the culture of controls and reinforce the institutional operating principles and code of conduct.
• Enhance the controls plan by identifying opportunities to improve, eliminate, automate and/or centralize controls testing to focus on pro-active reviews and extend coverage to all ICG business lines.
• Participate in projects and any other duties as per supervisor requirements and guidelines.
3. SPECIALISED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting or finance
• Proficiency in computer applications / systems
• 3+ years of core banking Operations
• Good understanding of customer service is an added advantage
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well
• Ability to identify problems, gather evidence through research, evaluate options and derive conclusions.
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Attention to details – summarizing, repoorting accurately
• Good team player
• Flexible and easily adaptable to change
• Fast learner
• Ability to create a good impression and inspire confidence.
• High level of accountability and integrity
• Self driven individual
• Ability to handle pressure
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer