Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. We charge to rewrite your resume. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across five (5) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
About the Department
The Risk Independence & Legal function deals with any issues that potentially expose Deloitte to risk. The risk independence and legal issues impacting the firm are varied and may include reputation, operational, litigation and regulatory risk.
Risk Management is about identifying and managing risks to the firm. This includes checks necessary to ensure that the individual professionals act and make decisions that achieve the objectives of the firm, comply with professional and legal requirements and that are ethical.
The role of Independence is not only to make sure there is an effective compliance framework in place, but also to raise awareness of the issues involved and encourage consultation whenever questions or concerns arise.
The Legal Counsel team provides internal legal assistance to the Firm in disputes, Litigation and compliance
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
We are seeking to recruit a Legal Assistant in our Internal Client Services department – Risk, Independence & Legal in East Africa. This position is open to applicants from all Deloitte East Africa (DEA) offices and the successful candidate will be based in the Nairobi Office. The Legal Assistant will focus on the following areas:
· A Bachelor of Laws degree from a reputable university
· Advocate of the High Court of Kenya or other similar or awaiting admission to the Bar
· Experience in contracting and commercial law
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Good analytical and organization skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good presentation skills
· Negotiation and facilitation skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies
· Assist the Legal Counsel in monitoring and interpreting changes in law in the East Africa and advice on their implications to the Firm.
· Assist in the preparation and implementation of the legal and regulatory framework in the region.
· Legal research.
· Drafting legal opinions and responding to legal enquiries.
· Monitoring compliance of the firm with laws in DEA and all applicable information protection and financial crimes policies in DEA.
· Drafting and reviewing legal agreements.
· Providing Company Secretarial services to Deloitte Member Firms in East Africa (DEA Member Firms) which includes ensuring compliance with all requirements regarding filings at the Registrar of Companies, maintaining statutory books of the DEA Member Firms, drafting resolutions as may be required from time to time and updating the governance documents of the DEA Member Firms.
· Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Key performance areas
· Make a strategic impact to the firm through independently assisting the team to deliver services within defined strategic objectives.
· Has effective working relationships within client to better understand their requirements.
· Operational effectiveness by providing the team leader with detailed reporting on status of deliverables on a regular basis.
· Understands context of own delivery against timelines.
· Actively work to address identified development areas.
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Experience with use of internet.
· Demonstrably planning and organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
· High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
· Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our and values and puts these into practice in their professional lives.
· Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
· Performance drive – Seek opportunities to drive self, teams with others to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
· Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
· Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/…/articl…/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. https://www2.deloitte.com/…/car…/topics/recruiting-tips.html