Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
What’s this job all about?
The HR Associate is responsible to assist with Payroll preparation, Workplace enviroment improvement, Townhall & Rewards and Recognition, LinkedIn screening for pipeline build-up, Employee Events management, Following up on issues raised by employee,
The main challenges are described as below:
- Document Management responsible for maintaining and up-dating employee files/records (Personal Docs, Job descriptions, performance tools)
- Payroll Administration – Inputting information on HRIS, prepare monthly pay data for the FTE’s and the temporary staff.
- Leave Management – Responsible for regular updating of the leave register on the HRIS and People HR and Leave tracker
- Recruitment – Maintain a pipeline that facilitates effective Sourcing, Shortlisting, initial screening, Interview scheduling.
- HR Onboarding of new staff and offboarding of the same when they separate from the Company.
- Manage staff confirmations process and do the update on the HRIS and create necessary accounts
- Training – Ensure that the trainings are set up on process refreshers and other personal/career improvement set ups
- Employee Relations: – Ensure all disciplinary actions are accounted for and updated on the tracker Follow up with medical scheme requests within the given timelines. Give out reports as requested by managers or the MD Follow up with immigration as request arises.
- Bachelor/Diploma in Business Administration or Human Resource;
- At least 2 years of internal/external audit experience preferably with big 4 practice firm or relevant Internal Controls experience;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).