Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
What’s this job all about?
JForce Store Acquisition Manager plays a key role within JForce team, owner of Jumia offline Stores she/he is responsible for the scale up off our offline presence and delivering on key strategic objectives.
Secondly, she/he will develop the strategy (select targeted location aligned with operations, define pitch tactics, type of shop targeted, tools to track performance, process definition) to scale up the number of pick up station and stores offline.
Finally with the support of his/her team & direct report, execute the plan (recruitment of the stores, manage branding of the stores, negotiation with external stakeholders) to deliver hyper growth of the number of stores and increase overall sales by delivering on strategic objectives.
The JForce Store Acquisition Manager will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience in stores thanks to a deep understanding of the offline retail industry and optimization of the budget.
The main challenges are described as below:
- Scale up our offline presence through stores in the best locations across Kenya
- Identify, recruit and brand new Stores to allow customer to come and place collect & place orders.
- Implement training of this stores in relationship with our Logistic teams
- Manage performance of stores in terms of sales
- Weekly report on performance vs target and action taken during the week.
- Train a team of 3 Area Manager to become the best Stores Managers
- Propose innovative process, marketing push and communication channels to improve deliver on growth objectives
- An ideal candidate would possess significant (3-5 years) experience in company creation or offline retail industry and a proven track record of impact
- Track record of building offline networks or distribution channels.
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Strong knowledge of Kenyan offline market (both grey and structured)
- Leadership and management to lead the team above and beyond their capabilities and train them
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and convince stores to partner with Jumia
- Very strong sales skills to lead negotiation and deliver on objective
- Fast learner and well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Performance driven, action & result oriented
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Solution oriented
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).