Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position of:
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring overall security of Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu and Outreach Health Centres, facilities, clients and fleet management.
- Formulate and review Security and Safety strategy, plans, policies, procedures and tools for AKHK
- Lead security mainstreaming and promote a positive security culture throughout AKHK.
- Spearhead activities that protect the staff, visitors, property and image of AKHK.
- Proactively respond to security emergencies within the Hospital and Outreach Health Centres
- Oversee security services offered to clients, hospital deliveries, escort patients and drop staff.
- Effectively liaise with state security agencies where necessary
- Participate in meetings to determine security operational needs.
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events of the hospital.
- Review reports on incidences and breaches of security systems
- Investigate and promptly resolve security concerns
- Prepare and submit reports for management on security status for effective decision making.
- Analyze data to form proposals for security improvements (e.g. implementation of new security systems.)
- Represent and defend AKHK interest in all forums including civil litigation matters.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Security Management Studies from a recognized institution in Kenya
- KCSE C grade or above
- Electronic Security Management systems e.g. CCTV Camera Operations Surveillance systems e.g Intrusion Alarms, Fire alarms
- Experience in criminal investigations
- Experience in fire fighting
- Good written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good interpersonal relations, leadership and organizational skills.
- Proven track record in executing security operations
- At least 5 years of working experience in a similar position gained from public or corporate institutions
- Demonstrable use of Ms. Office an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th April, 2019.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
A competitive compensation package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.