Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
The Kenya Climate Innovation Centre : Front Office and Administrative Assistant
The Kenya Climate Innovation Centre (‘KCIC’) provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies. KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness in order to address climate change challenges. It also seeks to promote an enabling environment for such businesses. KCIC was launched in September 2012 and is an initiative supported by the World Bank’s infoDev, with funding provided by DANIDA and UKAid.
Front Office and Administration Assistant
The Front Office and Administration Assistant act as the first point of contact with the outside world and is responsible for the day to day running at the front office. In addition, he or she is in charge of office administration.
• Act as the point of contact between the customers/ clients and KCIC;
• Provide assistance to customers in the most appropriate manner to meet their needs, demonstrating due attention to customer care and a professional approach at all times;
• Receive and process follow up information about previous client requests; • Manage the switchboard for all incoming and outgoing calls and receive and record all incoming documents/mail;
• Provision of functional office equipment’s, water and stationary for staff and updated inventory of the same;
• Ensure that the kitchen is functional and well equipped for both the clients and the staff;
• Foster a close working relationship with housekeeping to ensure that the office is always clean, tidy and well maintained;
• Manage the corporate Uber platform and ensure monthly reconciliation of the receipts with the credit card;
• Assist in meetings coordination and event organizing;
• Follow up of invoices from suppliers
• Ensure that all deliveries made are accompanied with the right documents;
• Provision of office access to all the staff members and clients;
• Sensitize the staff and the clients on the importance of office security;
• Notify all staff and visitors on the emergency exist; and any new rules within the building and any security alerts issued by Strathmore.
• At least a Degree in Business / Office Administration / Public Relations / Customer Service or any other related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Front office administration, or related fields;
• Computer skills including the ability to operate emails, spreadsheet and Word processing programs at a highly proficient level. Person specifications and Qualifications
• Good customer relations skills,
• Good time management skills, organizing and planning.
• Confident, self-motivated and reliable.
• Good listener, proactive, team builder;
• Good interpersonal skills;
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter by email detailed experience relevant to the role being applied for, current and expected salary, daytime telephone contacts, valid email address, and names of three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date for applications is 12th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.