Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it firstname.lastname@example.org REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Jumuia Kisumu: Assistant Manager
Job Title Assistant Manager
Reports to Hotel Manager
Name of the job holder
Title of immediate supervisor Manager Jumuia Resort
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Overall assistance of the operations and management of the Hotel
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Hotel Manager in supervision of day-to-day operations.
- Monitors the performance of food and beverage through the efficient maintenance of control procedures established by the company.
- Calculates and generates daily food cost reports to Management and Chef.
- Receives and resolves or assists the Hotel manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Liaises with purchasing team as well as chefs to ensure accurate costing for food and beverage
- Ensures accurate preparation of all paperwork associated with the movement of all food and beverage stocks to outlets
- Monitors food and beverage performance through analysis of daily food covers, sales and cost reports
- Undertakes stock takes and produces food stock summaries
- Controls food and beverage budget expense lines by ensuring they prepare P&L account for each conference account.
- Monitors variances in Food and Beverage stocks and reports any suspected pilferages. Assist the Hotel Manager in in all aspects of business planning.
- Takes a proactive approach to activity concerned by Cost Control, anticipating potential opportunities.
- Ensures Food and Beverage and Conference numbers and Revenues are captured by the system.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and public area cleanliness and other operating areas
- Delivers to tight deadlines
- All Other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
- Degree and Diploma in Hotel Management or Similar Field
- Atleast 5 years experience in Managing Operations of a Hotel with strong emphasis in Food and Beverage.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Strong and confident personality coupled with the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong management skills,
- ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for atleast two years
CONTACTS ARISING FROM THE JOB Within the Organization Outside the Organization
- Management team
- Departmental staff
- Other Resort staff
- Guests and clients
- Suppliers and service providers
- Professionals in the industry
- GOK and Government Bodies
- Professional Training Providers
- The position involves management of the operational and administrative issues of the Hotel
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- The position involves long working hours. Always works on call.
Terms and Expression of Interest: This position is full-time on two years contract basis renewable subject to the availability of funds. Candidates wishing to be considered for this oppotunity should fill the attached NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download). Convert it to PDF and send it to email@example.com indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received not later than 12.00 noon on 26th April 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.