Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Social Media Engagements
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
BRIEF BACKGROUND OF THE ORGANIZATION
Nairobi Club is a private members’ Club, owned by its Members. It was established in 1901 by Members who realized the need for a home environment in the heart of Nairobi. The Club is the second oldest and most popular establishment of its kind in Kenya.We are situated at the fast growing Upper Hill region north of the Central Business District – (CBD). It is an easy 5 minute drive from the City Centre to the heart of Kenya’s premier Club.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
We are seeking to recruit a professional Security Officer who will ensure Nairobi Club and its people are safe, its assets and operations are protected from theft and willful damage, and that its propriety information is kept private.The Security Officer will manage the outsourced security services including guard forces within the Nairobi Club’s area of responsibility, and ensure that suitable club security and safety policies, procedures, organization, and infrastructures are implemented efficiently and effectively..
KEY DUTIES/ PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement Security and Safety strategies, policies, procedures, and operations and advise line management on areas of improvement in relation to Security and safety
- Develop, propose and monitor the implementation of security and safety “best practice” policies and procedures within the club including any and all premises the club may lease, hire or have an interest in.
- Ensure that the threat to our people (members, their guests, staff, and contractors) and assets are systematically and periodically assessed. This process must take into account the political, economic, and crime factors, the physical features of the sites and the availability of assistance from law enforcement and other agencies.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships, networks and contacts within the security firms and in the public, private and commercial sectors.
- Supervise and manage the daily activities of the current man guarding service providers’ security guards and monitor their services, including the development of guard assignment instructions and post orders, whilst ensuring that we have 24 hour continuous coverage of our most highly valued assets and that such assets are only moved with properly authorized documentation
- Continuously review and test the effectiveness of security procedures and mechanisms and systems both human, physical, and electronic, at all levels and recommend suitable and cost effective “best practice” changes and improvements where necessary, so as to control access into club premises by authorized persons only, and the protection of club assets from theft and willful damage.
- Develop contingency plans for business continuity in the event of security crisis, and liaise with police, fire, and other safety authorities’ regularly to ensure suitable procedures, systems, and response from them are in place.
- Develop security awareness programs for approval by the CEO before implementation.
- Ensure that all incidents and irregularities are recorded in an occurrence book or appropriate log and that any untoward incidences are reported to management for appropriate action.
- Maintain ongoing relations and interface with other Club functions, and act as the main point of contact for club Security matters.
- Carry out security and safety investigations including fraud investigations, and preparation of the investigation report including appropriate recommendations from lessons learnt and advice on the way forward for management action.
- Prepare a variety of routine periodic and special reports on all security and safety related activities including any specific and general security and safety threats to our people and assets as and when these are known.
- Compile, develop, agree security budgets, and ensure the implementation of the agreed security and safety plans by monitoring the expenditures making adjustments so as to achieve set targets.
- Ensuring the compliance to OSH Audit and Fire Audit is done and report submitted.
- Training of Fire Marshal, First aiders and OSH Committee members.
- Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Be a mature individual, with a broad experience in corporate security management of not less than five years at middle management level.
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by developing appropriate Risk Management Policies for the club
- Holder of a diploma in Security Management related courses. A degree in the same field will be an added advantage.
- Possess good communication skills in English and Kiswahili, which he/she is able to exercise at all levels.
- Capable of exploiting all sources of information to obtain and collate detail on all threats or potential threats to the Club.
- Capable of issuing clear written and verbal orders
- Have the ability to produce timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports/reviews.
- Have knowledge of all aspects of human, physical and electronic security; specifically, locks, building security, control of access procedures, perimeter protection, the use of Close Circuit Television (CCTV) and Intruder Detection Systems (IDS).
- Keep abreast of current trends and techniques in the security field and disseminate the product of such knowledge to relevant personnel within the club.
- Capable of commanding a contracted and/or ‘in-house’ guard force
- Capable of carrying out and managing effective investigations involving breaches of security, security incidents, safety, and safety incidents.
- Able to prepare, conduct and record interviews.
- Understand the principles involved in the protection of Club information, including that which is computer based, and the measures/procedures required to achieve this.
- Have the ability to provide security and safety input to contingency plans and formulate detailed plans for civil and military unrest, including evacuation.
- Close contact with Senior Management and other Departmental Heads.
- Close contact with Regional, County, Divisional, and Locational Police and other law enforcement Departmental Heads
- Close contact with other government agencies and Security Heads of international and large local companies within the country.
- Close contact with senior Management of local guarding, alarm and other security and safety companies.
- Liaison with security consultants and training agencies in the country.
If your qualifications and experience meet the above criteria, please send an application (quoting the Job reference number) and detailed CV indicating day contact telephone number, current remuneration and three referees by 17th May 2019 to: The Human Resources Manager, Nairobi Club, P.O. Box 30171-00100, Nairobi or e-mail to email@example.com