Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents (www.aku.edu). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
Reporting to the Regional Director, Internal Audit, the incumbent will be in charge of internal audit operations of AKU entities in East Africa both on and off-campus. The main responsibilities include planning, supervising staff and ensuring that the annual risk based audit plan is professionally executed. The position holder will ensure that internal audit carries out independent assessment of the internal control systems, review adequacy, effectiveness and adherence to policies and procedures and assess the approach to risk management as well as advising on governance practices in the institution.
• Defining and implementing audit objectives and strategies.
• Oversee assigning and execution of departmental annual audit plans.
• Supervising staff and ensuring departments resources are efficiently allocated and utilized.
• Ensuring audit assignments are carried out in line with AKU methodology while observing. professional standards.
• Provide practical and proactive audit recommendations.
• Ensure audit recommendations are implemented.
• Provide leadership and manage performance of staff.
• Prepare reports for the Regional Director, Internal Audit, AKU.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration from a recognized University.
• Professional accounting qualifications CPA (K) / ACCA / CISA / CIA.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in performing audits with at least 3 years at managerial level.
• Demonstrated mastery of auditing standards – Norms, procedures, manuals, legal and regulatory framework.
• Ability to demonstrate comprehensive written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be ready or available to travel for audit assignments.• Demonstrated ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality and to work with a high degree of integrity.• Demonstrated desire to learn and understand institutional inter-operations, and apply that knowledge to assist management in improving organizational controls and procedures.
Your application together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to, the Manager, Human Resources, Aga Khan University’s Campus Nairobi, Kenya. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI, KENYA or by email to email@example.comApplications by email are preferred. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.Applications should be submitted latest by June 21, 2019.