Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Anjarwalla & Khanna (A&K) is the largest corporate law firm in Eastern Africa, with over 100 lawyers, and is generally considered the leading full-service corporate law firm in Kenya. The firm has offices in both Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya’s main commercial centres. A&K has also established a legal consultancy firm in Dubai, Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota (AC&H), which provides corporate and commercial legal services out of the Middle East.
A&K has been named “African Law Firm of the Year – Large Practice” four times by the prestigious African Legal Awards, which celebrate “excellence, achievement and innovation in the legal profession” since the launch of the awards in 2013. A&K is highly ranked in Kenya by various legal guides, including Chambers Global, IFLR 1000, and Legal 500. In February 2018, the firm received the Chambers & Partners Law Firm of the Year Award for Kenya.
A&K is the founding member of ALN, an alliance of leading corporate law firms currently in fifteen African jurisdictions, including the continent’s gateway economies, providing seamless and effective legal, advisory and transactional services across the continent. ALN has presence in Francophone, Anglophone, Lusophone and Arabic speaking Africa: Algeria, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. The firms are recognised as leading firms in their markets and many have advised on ground breaking, first-of-a-kind deals. ALN also has a regional office in Dubai, UAE.
Roles and responsibilities
Achieving A&K’s ambitious strategic priorities will be complex and challenging. Its continued success will be dependent on building and retaining a world-class team.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Manager-People & Culture (P&C) on P&C issues and ensure best-practice delivery of people & culture services. He/she will champion the people agenda as well as demonstrate an awareness of the entire P&C value chain.
The role will report to the Manager-People & Culture. It will also involve coordinating closely on
P&C matters with other stakeholders including the senior management team as well as a range of advisors and support providers.
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include:
1) Records Management
· Updating staff lists and ensuring the data is up to date and accurate.
· Ensuring staff files are updated with appropriate information and that they are up to the required standard.
· Assisting in drafting of letters e.g. Visa, bank, NHIF & NSSF letters.
· Supporting the P&C team in developing appropriate P&C metrics and consistently
updating the same.
· Capturing and updating information on the P&C systems such as Maconomy & Sage.
· Assisting in monitoring staff absence and leave management.
· Preparing the payroll on a monthly basis and calculating overtime.
· Working with our immigration consultants to obtain all immigration documents for expatriates.
· Managing all work permit and special pass applications and monitoring expiry and
· Assisting in managing the secondment programme especially in relation to immigration requirements for inbound and outbound secondees.
3) Recruitment, Selection and Placement
· Assisting in identifying and sourcing appropriate talent for current open roles within
· Assisting in preparation of recruitment paperwork.
· Assisting in managing the recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial
assessments, interviews, and offers.
· Assisting in the contracting process for new hires.
· Supporting the onboarding process by assisting in the induction and ensuring new hires
have all the resources they need to settle in the firm.
· Managing the end to end internship process.
· Monitoring pension eligibility and facilitating new joiner applications into the scheme as
well as facilitating the pension exit process for exiting staff.
· Liaising with the Head of Finance/Pension scheme administrator on matters relating to
the pension scheme.
5) Exit Process
· Managing the end to end exit process by ensuring exiting staff receive the appropriate exit forms and that these are completed and filed as required.
·Preparing final dues letters, certificates of service and ensuring up to date exit reports.
Any other duties allocated from time to time.
The role will be based in Nairobi,Kenya.
Experience and personal qualities
This role will require a high calibre and P&C professional with the highest levels of ambition and
The following qualifications and experience is preferred:
· Bachelor Degree in Human Resources/ Business or a related field from a recognised
· At least two years experience in human resource management.
· Must be very organised and good in time management.
· Must have excellent attention to detail.
· Must be eager to learn and have a positive can-do attitude.
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people.
· Must be a flexible person with ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Must have analytical and people skills.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
· Firm commitment to the highest standards of quality.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Ability to learn quickly in a highly dynamic and fast-moving environment.
· Action-orientated and innovative.
· A commitment to A&K’s mission and ethics.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and CV to careers@africalegalnetwork .com on or before 30th June 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Male candidates are encouraged to apply.