Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our Client, is a statutory institution whose mandate as a risk minimiser is to provide a deposit insurance scheme for customers of member institutions and to resolve any institution in respect of which the Corporation is appointed receiver or liquidator. The Corporation enhances incentives for sound risk management and generally promote the stability of the financial system.Our Client is an employer of choice and keen to recruit aggressive individuals to join the premier organization.
Reporting to the Manager – Legal Affairs, the incumbent will provide support to the Deputy General Manager Legal Affairs & Corporation Secretary in the provision of Legal advisory services to the Corporation in the course of the execution of its mandates. The officer shall provide legal expertise to the legal team to monitor and advise the Corporation on compliance with contractual obligations, development and implementation of Board and Management strategies, policies and procedures on Legal Affairs.
Conveyancing and Litigation
- Conducting legal research and provide legal advice to the Management and institutions under liquidation;
- Reviewing and updating the organization’s relevant legislations to ensure the organization’s compliance with best practise and adapts to industry challenges;
- Developing legal proposals to National Treasury to be factored in the finance bills on every Government Annual Budget day;
- Developing and upgrading regulatory and litigation policy frameworks for the provision of legal services to the organization;
- Managing panel of legal and other consultants;
- Following up with lawyers on legal cases filed for or against the Corporation
- Analysing profiles, advising and making recommendations to the Head of Legal on appointment of legal counsel, auctioneers, investigators, valuers and other external service providers;
- Examining, assessing and recommending payment of fee notes for external service providers negotiating, drafting, and advising on legal contracts between the Corporation and external suppliers/contractors;
- Minimizing risk of adverse Judgment against the Corporation and institutions in liquidations;
- Drafting security documents in respect of discharges of charge and manage risks in relation to legal documents;
- Reviewing and drafting relevant regulations pertaining to the Corporation to operationalize the its Act;
- Reviewing ongoing court cases and advice senior management accordingly
- Reviewing outstanding litigations and liaise with external lawyers
- Managing the court case management system;
- Drafting and negotiating MOUs with strategic partners
- Attending court when called upon to.
Legal AdvisoryDuties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Developing schedules for board meetings and provide secretarial support to the Board Secretary;
- Advising the Corporation and Committees on Compliance issues;
- Developing and upgrading secretarial and compliance policy frameworks for the provision of legal services to the organization;
- Developing legal opinions;
- Developing and reviewing debt negotiation & collection management policies to increase the level of recoveries;
- Reviewing and drafting contracts, leases and agreements to ensure compliance with legal requirements;
- Providing legal protection and risk management on contract management;
- Providing legal guidance on labour laws and related matters;
- Providing secretarial services to management committees;
- Following up implementation of Board decisions; and
- Drafting and negotiating SLA.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Six (6) years’ relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Laws from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Law;
- Diploma in Law (KSL) and Advocate of the High Court;
- Membership to LSK;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
COMPLIANCE WITH CHAPTER SIX (6) OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA
Applicants are required to immediately initiate self-clearance (Comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya) from: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- A Credit Reference Bureau
Please bring the receipts or evidence of the above self-clearance effort to Manpower Services if invited for the preliminary interview. Do not wait to be invited by Manpower Services for you to commence clearance of Chapter 6 requirements
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV and application clearly indicating your current position, current, past and expected remuneration (monthly salary and allowances) to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Friday, 5th July, 2019.Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Diploma in Law (KSL) and Advocate of the High Court;
• Membership to LSK;
• Certificate in Management Course lasting not less four (4) weeks
• Proficiency in computer applications