Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance & Administration Associate
Finance and Administration Associate
Nairobi, Kenya – Full Time
Stanford University Global LLC is seeking qualified candidates for the Stanford Institute for Innovation for Developing Economies (Seed) Finance and Administration Associate position in Nairobi, Kenya.
Building on Stanford’s decades-long history of educating innovators in Silicon Valley, Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies (Stanford Seed) is now bringing this innovative mindset and practical business training to entrepreneurs in Africa.
The 12-month-long Seed Transformation Program (STP) curriculum is customized for founders and senior leaders of high-potential small and medium-sized companies in developing economies who have the potential to, and are committed to, growing and scaling their businesses.
During 4 individual week-long highly interactive sessions over nine months, leaders/founders will be exposed to, and deploy, tools and methodologies to help grow and transform their businesses. In seeking transformative growth of businesses, traditional classroom learning is not enough. That is why the STP program is built to be highly interactive, and to allow leaders to both discover and apply the tools and methodologies that will help them transform their businesses.
Following each of the 4 week-long curriculum sessions, leaders/founders will share their learning with their management teams through Stanford Seed facilitated workshops. Leaders and their teams will also work on projects designed to plan for the growth and scale of their companies. By the end of 9 months, each leader/founder will complete a Transformation Capstone: a plan for growth and scale of the leader’s business.
The Finance and Administration Associate is responsible for supporting program execution and overall administration at the Stanford Seed East Africa office. The successful candidate will work directly with the Regional Director, F and A Manager, Program and Network Managers to support the Seed Transformation Program, Seed Transformation Network, and other priorities. The Finance and Administration Associate reports to the Regional Director, Seed East Africa, in Nairobi.
The successful candidate will have responsibility to:
• Responsible for making follow up calls to cohort applicants with regards to payments and submission of required documents.
• Responds to visitors’ inquiries and routes them to appropriate individuals; answers phones, and serves as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries.
• Liaises with the Finance and Admin Manager to arrange flight reservations, hotel bookings, and ground transportation for Seed staff and business coaches in East Africa.
• Liaises with Finance and Admin Manager and Program Manager to secure and make lodging arrangements for Stanford student interns during the summer.
• Coordinates meetings and assists with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals, and assembling materials.
• Offers general finance and administrative assistance to the Finance and Admin Manager.
• Responsible for logistics related to all Immersion Weeks, materials for Design Thinking, and catering.
• Offers general administrative assistance and classroom support to the Program Manager prior to Immersion Weeks.
• Captures data from recruitment activities and roadshows and follows up with links and application details/information.
• Supports the Regional Director with calendar coordination and minute-taking; assigns action follow through for Team Meetings.
These duties may be adjusted as needed to suit the business needs of the Seed East Africa Program.
Education and Experience
• Four-year college degree from an accredited university, and at least 2 years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• An advanced level of fluent English skills both oral and written.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practical experience in business fundamentals.
• Demonstrated expertise with internet banking.
• Computer proficiency with skill in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines, working independently and collaboratively as appropriate with professional colleagues both within the center and abroad in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
• Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
• Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment, and decision making skills.
• Understanding of working in a complex university or similar environment with proven ability to exercise patience and flexibility with staff, coaches, interns, faculty and outside constituents.
• Strong interpersonal skills, adept at fostering and maintaining effective collaboration, trust, teamwork, and respect.
Seed is a Stanford Graduate School of Business-led initiative that’s working to end the cycle of global poverty. We believe that business is one of the most powerful engines of change to move developing economies to greater prosperity. To maximize our impact, we’re working on multiple fronts and across multiple horizons. Seed is training business leaders in developing economies, inspiring Stanford students to become globally engaged leaders, and supporting critical research that can lead to breakthrough solutions.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to Apply