Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We seek to recruit a Finance Officer who will be responsible for maintaining up to date, accurate and complete records in required formats for all financial transactions, post transactions in Business World, ensure full financial supporting documentations, review payment vouchers for supplier’s payments and carry out monthly Bank Reconciliations, respond on a timely basis to all suppliers’ inquiries, reconcile all the suppliers’ statements with PATH’s records and update the Senior Finance Officer on any discrepancies. The Finance Officer will be based in Nairobi.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Process and review payment vouchers for supplier’s payments, travel advance requests and other payments requests. Track outstanding advances and follow up to ensure all are cleared on timely basis and in line with PATH’s financial policies.
- Review all travel expense reports, workshop expense reports and any other reconciliations for authorization, accuracy, allowable expenses, charge codes and accounting for advances. Follow up on resolutions of all questioned items and see that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for posting transaction in Business World.
- Respond on a timely basis to all suppliers’ inquiries, reconcile all the suppliers’ statements with PATH’s records and update the Finance Manager on any discrepancies.
- Respond to staff inquiries on a timely basis on any financial issues.
- Prepare and process Kenya Country payroll, statutory payments and remittances-add
- Disburse all PATH Money Transfer payments and funds transfer through E-Banking.
- Carry out monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Prepare management accounts.
- As part of the Finance team, Identify opportunities for streamlining office processes, make recommendations to the finance team and implement changes.
- Required Experience
- A degree in Accounting or any business related field.
- Professional Accountancy training CPA (K) is a must, MBA in Finance will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with International NGO(s).
- Experience in managing of project funds, preparation of bank reconciliations, financial statements, and financial reporting and data analysis, auditing and taxation.
- Excellent attention to detail and possess sound technical skills.
- Analytical approach to work.
- Problem-solving skills, creative and initiative.
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Able to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Proficiency in Ms Office applications including word and excel, hands on work experience with Business World, Multi currency and payroll processing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have legal authorization to work in the Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Company Location
- Kenya, Nairobi
- Position Type