Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 58,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geo-market teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production, and fluids and chemicals. Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Determine and minimize the company’s worldwide tax liability with the highest integrity while complying with worldwide tax laws. Senior level manager requiring in-depth understanding of regional tax issues, the oil & gas industry and how their role integrates with others within their discipline
- Provision of tax support across the BHGE product companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Provide commercial support, business development support, tax technical analysis, policy interpretation, support with transaction execution, oversight of regional tax filings and management of CIT audits, across the region. Advise on tax settlements and positions on tax litigations.
- Collaborate with, support and train colleagues in the GFC and GTC teams responsible for tax controllership and tax compliance matters, including indirect taxes.
- Interpret TP policy and regulations for the region and provide direction on required agreements and documentation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with tax colleagues across the BHGE organization, including product company tax colleagues, transfer pricing team, the indirect tax team, employment tax experts and the tax lifecycle & analysis team.
- Work with the local and international finance team to identify tax issues, tax risk and tax planning opportunities.
- Co-ordination with external tax advisers, legal firms and tax authorities.
- Ensure failure reporting and product life tracking systems are updated accordingly and in timely fashion
- Ensure that MaPS is updated with correct information, required to track equipment
- Drive regular Fleet Upgrade and implementation meetings
- Ensure Maintenance & Operations are informed and are taking action appropriately
- Follow-up with Maintenance that technical upgrade’s requiring parts get actioned accordingly
- Ensure fleet upgrades are done. Provide risk assessment to Operations on potential impact
- Disposition of non-conforming equipment
- Ensure deviation waivers are created for equipment not meeting expected specifications
- Ensure a risk assessment is created and operational risks are accepted by operations
- Support local Operation with Reliability Risk versus product configuration and selection
- Provide regional reliability and performance reports based on globally standardized metrics
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, in finance, law or accounting and accredited accountancy qualification or qualified lawyer, specializing in tax.
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification tax experience in public accounting, law firm or industry, specializing in SSA tax issues.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation and to collaborate, lead and be a team worker.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional projects and drive outcomes.
- Ability to document, plan and execute new policies and tax processes.
- Portuguese language skills would be beneficial but not critical.
Locations: Nairobi, Kenya
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more