Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The GCCA+ Programme specifically targets ACP Member States, helping them to better tackle climate change as a challenge to their development and implement appropriate adaptation and mitigation responses.
10 Regional organizations are partners in implementing the Intra-ACP GCCA+ Programme are:
• African Union Commission (AUC)
• Indian Ocean Commission (IOC)
• Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
• Southern African Development Community (SADC)
• Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
• East African Community (EAC)
• Permanent Inter-State Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel (CILSS) and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
• Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP)
• University of the South Pacific (USP)
• Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC)
I. Enhance the capacity of IGAD, through the IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC), to address regional and national climate change challenges and support IGAD Member States.
II. Support IGAD Member States to mainstream climate change adaptation and mitigation into their strategies and policies and align them to the Paris Agreement and other UNFCCC aspirations.
III. Promote engagement and strategic dialogue across relevant stakeholders to manage and share information, knowledge and capacity in support of climate initiatives and actions across the region.
IV. Strengthen the capacity of other regional and national institutions for improved service delivery within the IGAD region for addressing climate change-related challenges.
IGAD would like to fill the position of Project Manager for the RICCAMA project.
The Project Manager (PM) will provide technical leadership for project activities including conceptualizing, implementing and monitoring of project activities. The PM will coordinate a technical support unit that will provide technical expertise in the areas of climate change action (adaption and mitigation). She/He will oversee the implementation of the entire project; guide and manage the project team and budget; represent ICPAC in regional meetings related to the project work; supervise the preparation / consolidation of reports; and represent the PMU in the Project Steering Committee.
• Lead implementation of project activities within the project’s timeframe and budget
• Provide regional technical advice to member states on climate change issues in partnership with relevant national institutions and partners;
• Coordinate implementation of IGAD Regional Climate Change Strategy (IRCCS)
• Coordinate assessment of member states’ climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies and priorities
• Build climate change technical capacity of member states to handle climate change issues in partnership with relevant national institutions and partners;
• Sensitize and enhance awareness of policy makers and other key players on IRSCC and assist Member States to implement it;
• Coordinate preparation and implementation of regional climate change capacity building and training programmes.
• Coordinate the development of climate change knowledge and networking to support regional climate change mitigation and adaptation efforts in partnership with UNFCCC national focal points, NMHSs and all relevant institutions and partners.
• Enhance regional education and awareness on all climate change issues.
• Support regional and national climate change negotiation processes.
• Master’s Degree with specialization in climate change. PhD is an added advantage
• Minimum of Seven (7) years of work experience in regional coordination activities related to climate change.
• Practical working experience in climate change science, impacts/vulnerability mitigation and adaptation activities in a recognized national, regional or international institution.
• Good knowledge of EDF procedures and project management
• Good knowledge of the IGAD region and IGAD Regional Climate Change Strategy (IRCCS)
• Technical expertise in various aspects of climate change
• Good coordination skills
• Fluency in English and basic communication in French a requirement. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to prepare written reports in a clear, concise and meaningful manner
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Good knowledge of the international climate change agreements
• Knowledge of ongoing and planned regional climate change adaptation and mitigation efforts
The Selected candidate will report to the Director ICPAC.
Negotiable within the IGAD salary Scale and policy which is attractive based on the applicant qualifications and Experience.
The position will be tenable for One year renewable upto three years subject to availability of funds and performance.
Avenue Georges Clemenceau,
P. O. Box 2653
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti