Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide support to the Finance and Administration Unit of Africa Regional Office mainly focusing on accounts payable, budgeting, reconciliation of various accounts and income analysis.
• Processing of supplier invoices
• Responsible for reconciliation of supplier accounts. Ensure matching is done and accounts are reconciled between the Federation and Suppliers. All forex gain/losses to be recorded in respective projects.
• Ensure all credit notes received are recorded
• Perform ageing analysis of supplier accounts and submit monthly reports to the Snr. Finance and Admin Officer
• Act as a focal point for reconciliation of all the accounts payable balance sheet accounts in liaison with other Finance Officers
• Ensure that expenditure incurred is in full compliance with the Federation Financial and procurement procedures.
• Filing of staff monthly income PAYE returns and VAT returns
• Management of lease processes in Apple in accordance of IFRS on leases. Uploading these and ensuring the database is up to date and reconciled with E contract system.
• Perform income analysis of Regional Office pledges and submit monthly reports on expenses against income
• Support Regional Office program managers in preparation of budgets and ensure respective PEAR is uploaded.
• Perform bank reconciliations.
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly close of accounts specifically assigned. This involves reconciliation of various accounts and ensuring compliance with the organization Finance procedures.
• Check expenditure and documentation on payment requests to ensure compliance with donor financial requirements and in line with audit recommendations.
• Support tender committee -Review of Supplier lists- Support pre-qualification exercise. Verification of contracts.
• Assist in the communication and enforcement of all financial policies and procedures as well as the improvement of areas identified
• Perform any other tasks as provided by the supervisor.
- University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other relevant fields
- Full professional accountancy qualification (CPA (K), ACCA and ACA.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- 6-7 years or more experience in working in a busy finance office in an International Organisation, INGO or NGO
- Experience in project management (budgeting cycle and reporting)
- Demonstrated experience in reconciliation of various accounts
- Experience in filing statutory returns
- Previous experience working at the Federation Delegation, ICRC and/or National Society will be an added advantage.
- Proficient computer skills
- Broad understanding of Red Cross/Red Crescent activities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- High degree of integrity, discretion and personal conduct
- Self-motivated, proactive with good judgement and initiative
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Sensitive to diversity
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a multicultural team
- Good inter-personal skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Good stress management
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.