Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Boma Hotels are designed to be a haven from the hustle and bustle and an ideal place for people from all over the world to come together. At the Boma Hotels, you become part of a circle of humanitarian values and social responsibility. All profits fund the Kenya Red Cross Society’s Humanitarian activities. We call this inspiring concept ‘hospitality with conscience’.
The hotel is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position.
Position: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Financial Accountant
Job Location: Nairobi
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting in day to day finance operations and He/she is primarily responsible for computing, recording, collecting, analyzing, reconciling and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records of the financial operations of the Hotel.
· Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, General Ledger reporting.
· Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report any variances to the concerned department heads.
· Assist with financial and tax audits.
· Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
· Assist the financial Accountant with systems administration, G/L account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full P & L responsibility.
· Assist financial Accountant with completing the year-end audit process.
· Review and approve all reconciliation and audit work papers.
· Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollected accounts.
· Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies.
· Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.) and maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
· Reconciles bank statements.
· Reviewing all ledger details, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
· Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
· Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Point of Sale (POS) and SAP, ERP software’s.
· Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the accounting program.
· Assists with reimbursable invoicing.
· Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
· Assign unique AR number to new approved accounts on the Back-office software.
· Assist in reconciling open account status items.
· File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings.
· Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment.
· Record General Ledger reconciliation.
· Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
· Rotating monthly audits of inventories / Enter final inventory totals into spreadsheet.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Finance/Accounting or any other Related discipline from a recognized institution and a CPA II
· Must at least 1-2 years’ work experience with previous accounting Office experience or experience in Hotel or Hospitality Related Finance and Accounting.
· Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with PMS like Opera, Protel, Visual One, Sun Finance, Oracle Finance, SAP etc.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Ability to compile facts and figures.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below via email to email@example.com quoting the relevant position as the Email Subject on or before 16th August 2019, 5:00 pm.
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.
Human Resource Office
The Boma Hotels
P.O BOX 26601-00100
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: The Boma Hotels is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.