Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is the world’s largest non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services. It has 6 Regional Offices, (Western Hemisphere based New York, East and South East Asia and Oceania Region in Malaysia, Arab World Region in Tunis, South Asia Region in India, European Network in Brussels and the Africa Region in Nairobi, Kenya). The international secretariat is in London, UK.
IPPF is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer, for the Amplify Change Project e42q-2kf7-fj.
He/She is responsible to collecting, analysis and processing accounting events and transactions into Enterprise Resource Planning system as well as reviewing and analyzing financial data.
He/She will contribute to the effective operation of an efficient system and maintain the donor fund accounting system for restricted and other designated funds as may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Weekly review the supplier and other payables age listing from the ERP System and raise payment vouchers and timely raise related financial instruments for payment authorization by bank signatories
· Liaise with the Finance department to obtain all invoices related to the procurement of goods and services and ensure that these are reviewed, analysed and processed into the ERP System by end of each week
· In coordination with the department participate in the monthly physical inventory of consumables and stationaries for purposes of reconciliation and inventory adjustment
· Calculate monthly depreciation of fixed assets and process depreciation charge journals into the ERP System
· Ensure that all transactions are in compliance with the funding agreements, the procedures, the rules and regulations
· Ensure that invoices and other transactions attracting statutory deductions are accurately processed and deductions are dully remitted.
· Support the implementation of procedures, risk management and internal controls
· Proper recording of all transactions against approved Budget, including the correct procedures for authorisation of expenditure and make recommendations to supervisor
· Prepare monthly analysis of donor income in accordance with the accrual basis of accounting
and propose journal entries
· Contribute to monthly and annual review of the trial balance and general ledger sub-ledgers, including the identification of and recommendation of relevant adjustments
· Consolidated Amplify Change transactions from Partners for review by Advisors and onward transmission to the donor.
Qualification and Experience
· Bachelors’ Degree in Finance /Accounting
· CPA or ACCA qualification is an added advantage
· At least five years relevant experience in finance and preferably in the NGO sector
· Positive attitude that promotes a conducive work environment of trust.
· Analytical skills in Finance and accounting
· Attention to details
· Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Accounting software and Power Point)
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
Competitive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer. Closing date Wednesday 28th August 2019.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
“Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates openly living with HIV.”
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons are requested to submit a CV including three referees and cover letter indicating educational background, experience, skills and why you are the best candidate for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org