Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: ARO050819
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Clinical Research
Job Grade: 6.01Country: Kenya
To assist with research protocol development, submission of files for ethical review, implementation of approved studies, data analysis and writing of research reports of findings from epilepsy and other neuro behavioural disorders studies. The ARO will be expected to work under the supervision of principal investigators of epilepsy, mental health studies and neuro developmental disorders studies, including assisting in other ongoing studies within the neuroscience group. Other roles will include data collection and recruitment, while observing adherence to standard operating protocols for epilepsy studies and other related neuroscience projects.Description:
- Principal investigators of epilepsy, mental and neurodevelopmental disorder studies.
- Field workers and neuropsychological assessors.
JOB DIMENSIONS:The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme conducts high quality clinical studies on non-communicable diseases. We conduct comprehensive studies of epilepsy and other mental health and neurobehavioural disorders. Participants in these studies often require clinical evaluation of the patients including neurological examination, mental health status and learning disability. Electroencephalography is performed on patients with a history of seizure disorders such as epilepsy. Neuropsychological assessments are also performed on a proportion of patients according to protocol, and recently we are interested in standardised assessment of mental health problems in epilepsy. The participants clinical, psychiatric and cognitive information is prospectively entered into secure web-based databases for data storage or management.The ARO will have a high level of responsibility for ensuring adherence to standard operating protocols and ethical regulations of the study in dealing with people with epilepsy and mental health problems. The post requires focus and attention to detail and involves communication and interaction with other neuroscience study team members. The ARO will take responsibility for accurate data capture, and timely submission of protocols for ethical review or renewal.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with protocol development for epilepsy and mental health studies and submission of documents for ethical review
- Help with implementation of approved epilepsy and mental health studies at the NeuroClinic and in the community
- Participate in data collection and recruitment of study participants
- Perform data analysis, write manuscripts and submit to journals for publication Provide information, education and support to patients and their families or guardians
- Supervise fieldworkers and other study staff as delegated by the principal investigators
- Coordinate neurobehavioral studies across several sites in Kenya
- Foster good working relations with the study team and be willing to participate in continuous medical education (CME) activities in mental/neurological health research.
- Bachelors in Nursing or Public Health
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- One year experience/training in research studies
- Ability to analyse data using R software or Stata
- Skills in systematic literature review and data extraction
- Ability to prepare scientific manuscripts and reports
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible – able to work extra hours when needed
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Able to work with vulnerable populations such as those with neurological or mental health disorders.
Click below to apply