Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WWF-Kenya, is seeking to recruit a qualified and competent individual to fill the role below:
Internal Audit Officer
Based in our Nairobi Office, this position will be responsible for supporting the Audit, Risk and Compliance Manager in carrying out specific audit exercises both on a continuous or periodic basis. This will mainly involve regular reviews of the operational processes and related financial records and transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with related policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and statutory requirements while also addressing efficiency, economy and effectiveness.
Roles and Responsibilites
1. Perform financial, operational and compliance audits in accordance with best practice audit techniques.
2. Plan and execute project audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements; WWF network standards; donor requirements; and internal policies and procedures.
3. Document results of audit testing; develop recommendations and draft audit reports based on audit testing.
4. Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, regulatory compliance or donor requirement deficiencies noted during audits and report on implementation status.
5. Assist in the investigation of irregularities.
6. Continuously develop knowledge with regard to the external risks impacting on the work of WWF-Kenya’s operating environment and audit best practice.
7. Assist the audit manager in the development of audit work plans and risk identification process.
University degree in a business related field.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in internal auditing in a medium to large organisation.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is required. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
Technical skills to effectively perform audit activities.
A firm understanding of internal auditing standards and hands on experience with
Proficiency in computer aided audit techniques.
Ability to understand and document workflows and business processes.
Ability to identify solutions that effectively address control needs.
Demonstrated experience in analysing and resolving complex risk management and internal control issues involving multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrated experience in conducting internal audit o2
Demonstrable ability and experience in providing and communicating internal audit
recommendations at all levels of the organization.
Ability to handle potentially difficult situations in a professional, tactful and confidential
Excellent Report writing skills.
Ability to manage self and meet tight deadlines.
People management skills.
High level of integrity.
Able to demonstrate the core values of WWF-Kenya: Credible, Responsive, Innovative, Determined, Inspiring, Collaborative.
Internal: –Interacts with the WWF-Kenya Management, Heads of Departments and all staff at all levels in all locations.
External: – Interacts with third party internal audit resource providers and WWF Network
Internal Auditors, regulatory bodies and other conservation agencies.
How to apply?
For more details please visit https://www.wwfkenya.org/about_us/job_opportunities/and apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWFKenya:firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 29th August 2019. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.