Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Waiyaki Way Muthangari, Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Internal Client Services Department as a Procurement Manager. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the Firm’s overall Procurement management process including monitoring budgets and implementation of procurement plans. He/she will provide assistance in execution of specific tasks related to procurement Management at the Firm in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
In addition, champion leadership in the implementation of procurement policies and procedures designed to minimize the risk of Deloitte’s reputation and taking into consideration the local laws and regulations applicable.
- Reviewing and implementing the procurement policy
- Preparing and consolidating procurement and disposal plans
- Preparation of solicitation document; Request for quotation, Request for proposals
- Conduct negotiations on contractual agreement with suppliers to ensure added value, lowest total cost ensuring quality is not comprised
- Assist with internal and external audits as well us implement recommendations from the audit exercise
- Ensuring adherence to set purchasing procedures and processes
- Managing credible sourcing process for new company requirements
- Continuously managing approved suppliers in an efficient, cost effective manner and maintaining supplier performance data
- Evaluating the efficiency of the integrated purchase module and preparing reports on the same
- Leveraging knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department
- Posting all Purchase Requisitions Forms (PRFs) accurately and on a timely basis to ensure that all procurement requests are captured
- Coordinating, receiving and confirming that procured goods and services received from selected suppliers are based on purchase order, and updating procurement records in the system.
- Issuing and recording goods and items to user departments against authorized requisitions
- Re-ordering from suppliers through processing quotations
- Participate in evaluation of quotations
- Mentoring and coaching staff within the procurement unit
- An undergraduate Degree in a Business related field
- Diploma in Supplies Management from an accredited university/Institute
- 6-8 years’ experience, 3 of which should be in a similar position
- Must be a member of KISM or CIPS level 4 and above
- Proficiency with computer application and programs including emails and Microsoft Office
- Extensive knowledge of overall procurement practices & operations
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and to manage ambiguity
- Proven track record of success in both leading and participating in virtual teams; and
- Strong negotiator, facilitator and consensus builder with high integrity and energy.
- Skilled in field with sound industry and business knowledge;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Experienced in communication and implementation of strategy;
- Proven ability to manage and execute multiple projects ;
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations;
- Good Organization skills;
- Good report writing skills
- Focus on quality and risk;
- Good financial knowledge; and
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make.
Influence – Influences member firms/stakeholders, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
Performance drive – Delivers exceptional service to member firms/stakeholders; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for internal and member firms/stakeholders and Deloitte Global, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction.
Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
Competitive Edge – Applies understanding of disruptive trends and competitor activity to recommend changes in line with leading practices within Deloitte Global and the Deloitte member firms
Inspirational Leadership – Leads by example and makes a strong positive impact through energizing others, valuing differences and contributions, and inspiring self-belief.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energised team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 30 August 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.