Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role is focused upon the provision of support services to the business and its customers, specifically in the areas of IT support and incident management. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with technical and / or Technical Service Desk experience. The successful candidate will join a team covering IT service support for the G4S businesses in Kenya and form part of a wider global team covering IT incidents globally for G4S.
- Take responsibility for the management of IT incidents and requests, perform daily checks, balances and incident management of service and solutions availability.
- Support and action service requests and incident management of IT System dependencies by accurately capturing and logging details from telephone, email and direct customer interaction.]]]Act as central point of contact within Kenya for the Regional Service Manager and Regional Head of IT.
- Act as an IT escalation point for the Kenyan businesses.
- Manage the IT inventory.
- Assist in Telecom Expense Management
- Champion the adoption and implementation of new processes and tools to progress the globalization of IT across G4S.
- Support the problem management process and assist with managing root cause analysis of common, recurring and high severity incidents.
- To offer first/second line support to G4S businesses and associated systems, inclusive of handheld mobile devices, remote access and desktop/laptop users
- Support the companies desktop and laptop hardware environment.
- Ensure all incidents and requests are either resolved or assigned to the appropriate resolver groups.
- Assist with ad hoc project work and duties as and when request Act as the local hands on site to assist network and platform teams when required.
- Occasionally travel to alternative G4S sites to act as hands on support if required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication’s or IT related field A sound IT technical knowledge built by experience of technical IT support role(s)
- Strong Customer Service skills, effective in working with customers at all levels.
- Knowledge of the latest and emerging technologies (Windows 7, Cloud, Linux, Android etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently across multiple groups in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Self-motivated, independent and resourceful
- Competent in the English language
Click below to apply