Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Nairobi
- Position Title:
- Customer Service Representative
- Open Period:
- 08/19/2019 – 09/03/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0105 7
- Not Specified
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy in
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- HR Section
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is FP. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Only one Open-to category should remain:
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Serves as an administrative assistant in the US Embassy internal Customer Service Center (CSC). The CSC is the first place to turn for all Mission personnel when they are in need of assistance with anything under the management section’s area of responsibility. The CSC Assistant addresses all management-related issues and inquiries, handles the in-processing and out-processing of all employees, and provides information about all management-related matters and services by conducting briefings and seminars. The incumbent directly reports to the CSC Coordinator.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Corporate Customer Service is required.
• Must have an excellent working knowledge of customer service principles and standards.
• Must possess an excellent understanding of administrative functions in supporting large organizations.
- Education Requirements:
Completion of high school and diploma in Business Management or Business Administration is required.
Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. (This may be tested). Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be familiar with proper customer service practices including performing follow- ups and codes of ethics for employees working in large organizations.
• Must be proficient with computers and possess an intermediate level of skills in using Microsoft Office suite of applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate interoffice communication and teamwork.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, Kenya may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) (if applicable)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- High school certificate
- Diploma in Business Management or Business Administration
Applications without required documents will not be considered
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, Kenya.\