Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Nairobi
- Position Title:
- Voucher Examiner (VAT Assistant)
- Open Period:
- 08/07/2019 – 08/21/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0420 7
- Not Specified
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy in
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- HR Section
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is FP. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Only one Open-to category should remain:
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time: 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Basic Function of the Position:
Responsible for managing the entire Value Added Tax (VAT) and Excise Tax reimbursement process for official purchases for 62 customer agencies in Embassy Nairobi, US/UN, and Embassy Mogadishu. Responsible for the submission of over 500 US Direct Hire (DH) VAT/Excise Tax reimbursement claims for eligible USDH American personnel working in US Embassy Nairobi, US/UN, and Embassy Mogadishu. Serves as FMC’s subject-matter expert on all VAT/excise related issues, and serves as the Mission’s Point of Contact (POC) for all personal VAT claim submissions and queries. Position is supervised by Supervisory Financial Specialist.
Qualifications and Evaluations
• Three years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or auditing is required.
• Must have understanding of the KRA VAT regulations and the submission process.
- Education Requirements:
• Completion of high school and two years of college studies is required.
Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. (This may be tested). Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint and other software packages.
• For MS Excel, must understand advanced techniques such as auto-matching and pivot tables to produce highly sophisticated analysis reports.
• Must be able to quickly learn new data analysis software as needed to meet reporting needs.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, Kenya may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.