Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally-recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO currently impacts over 300,000 individuals across nine urban slums in Kenya, and is the largest employer in Kibera. SHOFCO is a trusted name and service provider in Kibera with a 10-year track record. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org
SHOFCO is seeking a detail-oriented, strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit to join the CEO office. The Executive Assistant functions within the highly collaborative and fast-paced CEO office. Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, service-oriented, and self-motivated. The ideal candidate is an early-to mid-career professional with 3-5 years of work experience in administration and/or development, and a demonstrated passion for international development.Reports to: Chief of Staff
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or New York City, NY
Roles & Responsibilities
- Executive Support: Assist CEO with daily administrative duties and complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an active calendar of appointments and travel plans; maintaining detailed lists of tasks and follow-ups on behalf of CEO office; and communicating directly and on behalf of the CEO with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Email Management & Activation: Support rapid triage and management of CEO emails. Review incoming emails, ensure proper triage, and facilitate timely follow up. Prepare daily digests for review by Chief of Staff and CEO. Ensure appropriate and strategic responses are crafted in a timely manner, and email is used as a key relationship building tool for the CEO. Draft email correspondence and strategic communications in CEO’s own voice.
- Calendar & Time Management: Manage efficient and strategic scheduling, overseeing the calendar of the CEO to the maximum prioritization. Provide clear and succinct directions in all calendar invitations. Prepare agendas and talking points on behalf of CEO. Keep well informed of upcoming commitments and brief CEO on daily and weekly schedule.
- Travel Bookings: Arrange complex and detailed travel plans. Determine travel needs for all upcoming trips. Arrange flight and accommodation bookings within parameters for cost and convenience. Ensure all flight and accommodation bookings are added to calendar, including transit. Coordinate CEO travel schedule with family travel.
- Speaking events: Prepare visually-compelling materials and presentations for CEO speaking engagements at high-level meetings or conferences.
- Communications & PR: Compose and compile content to fulfill the CEO’s media and communications requests. Support and strengthen CEO relationships with media contacts, primarily in the US. Draft content on behalf of CEO for Op Eds, news items, press releases, etc.
- Administrative Tasks: Assist with personal scheduling, note-taking, setting up conference calls, maintaining CEO Office records, and other support tasks as needed.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with international development background.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Five to ten years providing support for upper-level management.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources.
- Proficiency in GSuite and Microsoft applications; CRM database knowledge helpful.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people from different cultures and contexts.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:Interested applicants should send their applications letter together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager email@example.com or drop their hard copies at our Head Office in Kibera, Gatwekera. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 4th September 2019.