Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for an experienced business developer to join the team of our new agri-tech start-up SokoFresh. A unique opportunity to be involved in this breakthrough venture, delivering cold storage as a service to smallholder farmers in Kenya (and beyond). Do you like being at the forefront of innovation? Are you entrepreneurial, a pro-active do-er, a strategic thinker and are you motivated to use your talents to work towards an inclusive economy? Well… then we are looking for you!
Enviu believes in an economy that serves people and planet. And in the power of impact-driven entrepreneurship to get us there. Together with partners we develop issue driven, entrepreneurial programs to disrupt and drive specific industries towards a “new normal.” We build companies that prove inclusive and sustainable business models, and inspire the market to do the same.
SokoFresh is an early stage social enterprise working towards a unique and financially sustainable business model to provide the large number of underserved smallholder farmers with access to cold storage and market linkage services.
The Kenyan agricultural sector is characterized by prevalent post-harvest losses that can exceed 50% of production. Losses are due to the perishable nature of crops, a lack of storage, poor market linkages a fragmented market and inefficient logistics. Since losses occur mainly during production and marketing of fresh produce, smallholder farmers are disproportionately affected.
With SokoFresh, a significant part of losses happening during harvesting, aggregation and transport can be prevented, as produce can be aggregated safely in cold stores in rural areas to be sold. SokoFresh manages the stores and links the produce to buyers. All parties are connected to each other via SokoFresh’s digital platform, making all flows of produce, information and money real-time and transparent. In the coming year, all efforts will be on validating the riskiest assumptions regarding the value proposition, business model, impact and scaling model, with 2 cold stores in the field.
• Start-up and run the daily operations of SokoFresh in collaboration with a dedicated team of Enviu Venture Builders and key partners.
• Validate and optimize the business model of SokoFresh, working towards investment readiness within 12 months.
• Recruit, train and manage a team of on-the-field staff.
• Manage relationships with key pilot-partners and involve new partners as we go.
• Work in build-measure-learn cycles according to the lean principles.
• Raise startup capital to launch and grow the business after the pilot year.
• A Master’s degree, preferably in agri business, MBA or agri economics.
• A proven track record of at least 8 years working experience, out of which at least three years as entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a company.
• Experience in food-logistics, cold storage and/or technology as a service are a definite plus.
• Experience in working with smallholder farmers / agri-tech.
• Exposure to or experience in leading a team of field agents.
• At least 5-7 years of working experience in Kenya
• Passion for social entrepreneurship;
• A hands-on, can-do approach;
• Furthermore, the ideal candidate has excellent leadership and communication skills, is fluent in English and is driven to apply commercial skills to impactful solutions.
• An opportunity to build and lead the start-up of a new impactful venture, with the potential to grow towards the CEO role.
• Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment.
• An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential.
• Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
• Work that matters.
Are you up for a new challenge?
The closing date is Wednesday 28th of August.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Click below to apply