Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req6211
Job Title: HIS Intern
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
The position will be based in the filed site and will work closely with the field teams to improve program quality through improved data management systems and processes.
Under the supervision of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the HIS intern shall be responsible for documentation of data at the OPD and in-patient department through hard copy and soft copy, summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms of data generated from the activities of the Health programs with a key focus on generation and submission of timely qualitative and quantitative reports.
- Supervise and conduct on-job mentorship of field staff on primary source documentation in the health facilities majoring on General hospital and main hospital and extending to the peripheral clinics.
- Capacity building of the staff both national and incentives on data management and proper documentation of the primary sources (hard copy and soft copy).
- Apply appropriate statistical analysis tools and methods for routine and ad-hoc analysis of cross-sectional as well longitudinal data.
- Generate regular reports used by health program staffs for Monitoring & Evaluation purposes
- Work with the M&E and program staff to develop and provide the required data collection tools and computer based data management & reporting system
- Continuous and frequent close monitoring / supervision of all levels of data collection from entry, filling, compiling, summarizing and giving feedback to M&E Manager and Clinical Services Manager
- Supervision and mentorship of the medical record clerks /medical assistants on data management at the health facilities.
- Ensure data synchronization is done accurately at the General hospital and main hospital by all the departments.
- Synchronize mobile phone data capture with desktop application and servers
- Regularly update data after cleaning.
- Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for health program interventions
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Senior M&E Officer.
- Diploma in Health Records/Information Management, Computer Science, Statistics, IT, Health Sciences or other related field.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation technologies, techniques, approaches and methodologies in health programs.
- Interest and/or experience in clinical or public health research/program
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms Access Relational database is required.
- Excellent Knowledge of EPI INFO, is required
- Experience in Mobile data usage and Electronic medical records (EMR).
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.