Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Health Records Information Officer
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley
Working closely with the mentorship team in conjunction with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and MDT Team Leader, the Health Records Information Officer will be responsible for mentoring health workers in various health facilities to maintain service registers, conducting regular data quality assessments activities, ensure accurate and timely facility reports and support facilities to run basic data analysis for decision making. S/he will be required to maintain confidentiality and integrity for the facility data as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure facilities have standard data collection and reporting tools
2. Support facility based service providers to update health records and registers in line with national
guidelines including the EMR
3. Verify data based on MOH defined service standards.
4. Support and mentor health workers on data utilization for decision making.
5. Responsible for ensuring data quality is maintained.
6. Support health workers in conducting regular data quality assurance.
7. Actively follow-up facilities to ensure that commonly agreed data management improvement plans are
followed and monitored by all parties.
8. Provide basic data summaries to facility as required from time to time.
9. Support facilities to maintain data confidentiality and security.
10. Support facilities to use data for decision making.
11. Other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
Diploma in Statistics/Health Information Systems/Information Technology with at least 4 years work experience in data management systems and experience in use of MOH tools.
Experience in training is an added advantage.
Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Epi Info, Stata. Good organizational, planning,
interpersonal and communication skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.