Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
|Title:||Locum, Clinical Officer|
|Closing Date:||This posting will close on 29th August at 11am EAT. Take note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.|
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Daily Stipend: KES 4,430
Reports to: Program Manager, Health
Supervision Given: [None]
RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees. We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, in particular women, children and urban refugees.
The primary responsibility of the Locum Senior Officer, Nurse is to support the Health Team at the Clinic in the absence of the Senior Officer, Nurse.
Core responsibilities and duties:
- Provision of preventive, curative and promotive health services at the RefugePoint clinic.
- Examining, diagnosing and treating patients at the RefugePoint clinic.
- Refer clients to appropriate health facilities for secondary health care, laboratory and X-ray examinations.
- Provide treatment and care for clients attending the Comprehensive Care Clinic (CCC).
- In liaison with the Health team, sensitize clients on preventive and promotive health.
- Compile the drug order in liaison with the Health Manager.
- Receive, and countercheck new drug stock order and assist the Officer, Community Health to enter drugs in the pharmacy inventory.
- Dispense prescriptions brought in by the Community Navigators.
- Enter medical data on clients attended to, referrals received and medicine disbursed into the database.
- Compile the clinic, Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) and sub county’s monthly reports.
Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery with 3 or more years of work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working in an outpatient set up.
- Registered with the Clinical Officers Council and should possess a valid license from the Council.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or a Degree in Counseling and Psychology will be an added advantage;
- Prior experience working with refugees and/or asylum seekers in an urban setting
- Current Police Clearance Certificate.