Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Closing Date: Monday, 02 Sep 2019 at 5.00 p.m.
The Head of Payment Services Policy Development & Data
Analysis is responsible for overseeing the development of policy that
govern the National Payment Systems (NPS) as well as conduct research
and analysis of the performance of the national payment systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute as appropriate to the performance of National
Payment Systems functions and to the overall achievement of CBK’s
2. Guide and support implementation of an integrated information management system for electronic submission and processing of NPS returns;
3. Carry out research and analysis on emerging issues e.g. FinTechs;
4. Continuously review and propose updates to NPS policy framework, law and regulations in line with international best practices;
5. Identify new areas for inclusive financing and recommend actions for policy formulation;
6. Coordinate all activities related to financial inclusion as well as sensitization and training on the new payment platforms;
7. Monitor industry developments and continuously update NPS returns templates;
8. Ensure timely submission of NPS returns and provide periodic standard analytical reports;
9. Implement an integrated information system for electronic submission of NPS returns;
10. Perform analysis and verification of payment data and update the statistics on the CBK website;
11. Design consumer awareness programs;
12. Overseeing training of staff in the Section to enable the staff perform in line with Bank guidelines;
1. A degree in Business, Economics, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Law, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field of study;
2. Possession of a Master’s degree in a related field of study is an added advantage;
3. Possession of Professional qualification in a related field of study is an added advantage.
Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience in Banking
Operations and Payment Systems, Financial Services, Economics,
Accounting or similar operations, with five (5) years in a supervisory
1. Good knowledge of data analysis methods such as predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources;
2. Ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and sub-queries;
3. Experience in using analytical concepts and statistical techniques- hypothesis development, designing tests, analyzing data and drawing conclusions;
4. Experience building and leading quantitative analyses and response and risk models;
5. Knowledge and understanding of banking laws and regulations as well as Central Banking operations;
6. Experience working with large data sets and advanced analytical tools, programs and systems;
1. Excellent leadership skills and people management skills; including performance management, coaching & mentoring;
2. Good interpersonal skills with ability to build consensus, alliances and collaborative relationships with stakeholders;
3. Strategic thinking, problem solving and decision making skills;
4. Ability to demonstrate CBK’s core values.