Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref: HR-IA-08-2019
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an Internal Auditor in the Internal Audit Department.
The job holder will be responsible for reviewing of the governance, risk and internal control environment by providing proactive recommendations and execute specific audit assignments according to the audit plan.
- Plan, execute and manage assigned risk based audit engagements to ensure quality audit approach, achievement of set objectives and completion within the agreed schedule;
- Quantify the significance of risks and the effectiveness of mitigating controls
- Identify, communicate and discuss all control weaknesses during fieldwork with management and escalate all significant control weaknesses identified to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Design and carry out tests to obtain sufficient evidence to support audit findings and conclusions
- Prepare and issue a comprehensive report for review in line with best practice
- Communicate and discuss audit results with management and obtain their buy-in in implementing audit recommendations.
- Support other risk and control functions in ensuring processes, business practices and internal controls are effective in managing risks;
- Conduct assigned special audits and investigations
- Monitor the implementation status of past internal and external audit recommendations and update the monthly progress report
- Maintain independence and objectivity during audit engagements
- Review of management accounts and economy in use of company resources
- Preparing quarterly performance trend reports
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from a recognized University;
- Professional certification e.g. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Minimum of 3-5 years audit experience in a reputable audit firm or extensive audit experience within an internal audit function;
- Demonstrable knowledge in concepts of governance, risk and control;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of audit management system and CAAT’s;
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills;
- Attention to detail, result oriented, good organizational skills and ability to work independently or within a team within strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated track of high ethical standards and independence of mind with ability to defend his/her position on significant issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively resolve problems that arise during an audit and effectively communicate audit results to functional heads and other stakeholders.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 11th September 2019.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.