Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop technically sound program strategies and a work plan, in coordination with the Country Manager and CP Technical Advisor, to meet program goals and to determine operational needs
- Working with CP Technical Advisor and Country Manager, oversee the mapping exercise on existing SGBV reporting and referral structures and pathways to determine their effectiveness
- Work closely with local CSOs and international NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders to develop and disseminate integrated Turkana West SGBV reporting and referral pathways
- Provide training and mentoring support to local partners and other stakeholders involved in multi-sectoral response in order to strengthen local capacity to apply SGBV referral pathways in providing response services
- Coordinate with local partners, INGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders to ensure holistic support for survivors, including participation in strengthening SGBV referral pathway
- Work with local partners,other stakeholders and communities to develop appropriate SGBV (with a bias on children) prevention and awareness-raising and behavior change strategy guides ensuring cultural appropriateness and community buy in
- Using the approved behaviour change guide, train community agents of change and local partners on SGBV prevention
- Manage staff to deliver on project plans taking into account efficiency and quality (ensuring projects are executed timely, on scope and on budget).
- Represent TdH-NL in protection (SGBV, CP) cluster meetings and contribute to interagency initiatives
- Work professionally within TdH-NL’s policies and codes of conduct, including those related to child protection/safeguarding, confidentiality, safety and security and ethical practice.
- Ensure that the project officers and partners follow the policies, processes and protocol regarding child safeguarding,
- Communicate incidents and violations of the policies in line with the established protocol.
2. Improving Workflows
- As part of a team, translate developments and situation specific information into thematic and country annual and strategic policies.
- Assist in the continuous assessment of child protection needs and gaps in the country in order to ensure that these are appropriately reflected in project strategies and interventions.
- Identify new trends and developments in the area of child exploitation, SGBV (with a bias on children) and Child trafficking.
- As and when relevant, coordinate the activities of assigned consultants for specific tasks, such as mapping and assessments, etc.
- Work with TdH finance team to procure project supplies in line with project budgets
- Support the Senior Communication Officer at the Regional Office with information and materials for marketing and communication, e.g. news items (case stories) and photos.
- Ensure appropriate reporting, including through monthly and quarterly reports, are on time and with accurate data
- Perform any other duties as relevant for the country programme as assigned and as can reasonably be expected from the position, in consultation with the country team.
3. Business development
- Support Country Manager Kenya and the Programme Development Manager in identifying project development opportunities in Turkana County
- Represent Kenya country office in critical spaces to increase visibility and credibility with donors and other external stakeholders ensuring we continue to claim our role as an expert organisation in our theme areas
- Develop and share project ideas for further development into concept notes and proposals.
- MA degree in Social Sciences, Gender, Public Health or related fields.
- Minimum of 4-5 year work experience
- Experience in SGBV Project Management is considered an asset
- Familiarity with guidelines in SGBV programming and coordination including GBV prevention
- Proven knowledge and experience in developing and supporting community mobilization projects for SGBV prevention and behaviour change
- Proficiency in written and oral English is required.
- Experience with financial management
- Experience in supervising/leading a team
- Verbal and written fluency in English and verbal capability in Kiswahili
- Strong interpersonal communication skills- written and orally
- Planning, organising, cooperation, performance oriented
- High degree of taking initiative and working independently
- Exhibits composure and professionalism. Ability to represent TdH-NL in Kenya to donors, government officials, other NGOs, other external stakeholders in a self assured manner
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision