Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines..
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review…
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The post holder will be responsible for the Communications of two multi-country, DFID-funded consortia programmes focused on integrated Family Planning and Sexual and Reproductive Health. This position will serve to raise awareness about the respective programme goals, objectives and benefits among key public and private stakeholder groups, emphasizing communications support, comprehensive media outreach and publicity; and supporting project partners to share information on core project components.
• Develop and lead implementation of the DFID-funded programmes communications strategies to share our vision for the programmes and to communicate the achievements of the core objectives of the programmes
• Coordinate closely with the consortia teams, consortia and member associations to produce consistent communications through effective protocols
• Create and lead the communications and evidence outreach strategies to promote WISH & ACCESS accomplishments among key audiences
• Develop in coordination with technical staff, effective yearly work plan for implementing the respective programme communications strategies
• Manage internal communications- monthly newsletter for DFID-funded programme staff, partners and IPPF and collection of news and updates with all partners
• Develop evidence and research dissemination strategy with both consortia’s and external parties
• Ensure visibility and promotions is within IPPF and DFID brand guidelines
• Oversee effective documentation of programme work through photos, video, and other media and in coordination with central office Communications team and support the team in maximizing the use of Sharepoint as a strategic communication and collaboration tool
• Research, draft content and edit public promotional materials and publications (printed and electronic for key external audiences, such as brochures, fact sheets, posters and websites
• Edit and coordinate consortia external reports, project case studies, and other written materials
• Provide quality advise and support on effective communication including content for presentations, events and other key initiatives as well as coordinate the design and production of materials to be published such as fact sheets, brochures, digital publications, etc;
• Manage all appropriate external project information¸ products and materials for consortia’s and promote this resource to stakeholders
• Field to appropriate project staff and respond to requests from the media, key stakeholders, programme staff and the public about the programmes work in a timely manner
• Coordinate translations of programme information as needed
• Promote and monitor DFID-funded programme’s presence on external websites; including research outlets.
• Ensure that communications protocols developed for DFID-funded programmes are understood and followed by all project partners
• Prepare periodic Communications progress reports and updates for internal use
• Participate in site visits to understand the implementation of consortia strategies and programs and
• Ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
PERSON SPECIFICATION EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
• Post graduate degree preferably in communications or journalism
• Minimum 5 years work experience in journalism, communications, and/or media outreach
• Minimum of 2 years of DFID project communications
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, Photoshop, etc)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
• Knowledge of the publication process (print and digital) and research
• Strong interest and some experience in international health or human rights, humanitarian or development issues, particularly in Africa
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
• Ability to travel a minimum of 30% per year, nationally and internationally.
• Experience of working in an international non-profit organisation and of DFID programmes
• Significant experience in developing and implementing communications strategies for multi-country projects or partners
• Significant experience of communications and research dissemination strategies with consortia
• High degree of success in delivering high-quality communications strategies, including extensive experience with web and social media
• Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality communications, products or tools targeting a diverse range of audiences.