Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines..
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Women’s Integrated Sexual Health” (WISH) is International Planned Parenthood Federations’ (IPPFs) new flagship health programme to transform the lives of millions of women and girls. Funded by DFID (U.K) WISH will provide integrated and holistic healthcare to 2.2m additional users across 16 countries in Africa and South Asia from 2018-2021.
In order to implement this project IPPF needs to put in place a talented, dynamic and diverse team with broad experience in implementing global family planning, sexual and reproductive health (FP/SRH) programmes. Strong commercial expertise, proven contract management and the ability to deliver on donor requirements; including through a payment by results approach, is desired.
The post holder will be responsible for the coordination, management, reporting and administration of the WISH2Action Consortium programme supporting the Consortium management team of the Executive Director (ED), Operations (Ops) Director and Programme Director (Pd).
• Project manage quarterly and annual DFID reporting including coordinating input from partners & MAs
• Project manage internal coordination in Hub team of reports, annexes and submission to DFID, planning and improving submissions all year round
• Coordinates, schedules and minutes meetings and action plans with DFID, Consortium members and other stakeholders
• Coordinates code of conduct action plan within IPPF to ensure compliance to DFID CoC
• Support the coordination and record keeping of incident submissions to DFID for the ED, Operations Director and the Head of Risk and Assurance of safeguarding, fraud and clinical incidents
• Coordinates, schedules and minutes quarterly reviews, calls and action plans with consortium partners
• Coordinates, schedules, minutes and supports preparation of project advisory board meetings
• Ensures that all project documents are filed appropriately on SharePoint
• Supports the programme director, operations director and executive director with administration of the project and hub including ensuring project Gantt and travel planning tools are up to date
• Supports the coordination of the project Hub diary of event, meetings and travel schedules for the team for submission to ARO
• Supports the Ops Director and Risk and Assurance Manager in follow up of partners due diligence action plans by Hub teams; safeguarding, finance
• Ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy
• To undertake any reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Post graduate degree in a related subject such as management or development
• Minimum 5 years work experience in project or contract management in an NGO or Foundation
• Experience of major donor reporting, experience of DFID highly desirable
• Strong interest and some experience in international health or human rights, humanitarian or development issues, particularly in Africa and Asia
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals
• Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative, be attentive to detail, be able to work well under deadlines; and
• Ability to travel if required, nationally and internationally.
• Experience of working in an international non-profit organisation and of Donor programmes
• Significant experience in the management of donor reporting and project management cycles for large projects
• Experience of supporting donor compliance and contract management
• Demonstrated strong project management skills to time and to target
• Experience of managing the coordination of a large project team and or business including the scheduling of meetings and calendars.
• Experience of working with multiple managers and allocating time to each task and priority.
Competitive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
“Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates openly living with HIV.”
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons are requested to submit a CV including three referees and cover letter indicating educational background, experience, skills and why you think you are the best candidate for the position to: