Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req6230
Job Title: Project Assistant- GHSA/CGPP
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
The CGPP/GHSA Project Assistant reports directly to the CGPP/GHSA Manager, he/she will be expected to work within the integrated community health program and collaborate with the Turkana County Government – Ministry of Health/Veterinary Services, Volunteers, Communities, Stakeholders, Core Group Secretariat other partners and sectors to implement the program activities.
- Implementation of CBS for disease outbreak in the supported sub Counties in Turkana County in line program work plans.
- Ensure that surveillance guidelines, protocols and monitoring systems are adhered to by the volunteers for efficient data collection, correlation, analysis, interpretation for timely reporting and dissemination of information/alerts on disease out brakes.
- Work with Health facility in charges, Community Mobilizers community Health Volunteers (CHVs), CHCs and communities to formulate functional health emergency response teams and for early warning for epidemic and pandemic- prone communities in the project target areas for early detection and response to potential hazards to infectious human and Zoonotic diseases.
- Work with ‘One Health initiative to build synergies in the county and communities to ensure that CBS and health information systems for epidemic and pandemics preparedness interventions for both environmental and animal sectors are harmonized.
- Support the health facilities and communities, and County Governments in emergency preparedness initiatives and contingency planning to respond to disasters and others health emergencies;
- Work with key focal persons in communities and health facilities in the catchment area to institute mechanism for disease outbreak surveillance.
- In Liaison with program manager Prepare periodic activity reports- weekly, monthly, quarterly in line with program work plan and donor requirements.
- Perform any other incident-specific duties assigned to you, as may be required by the functional supervisor.
- Organizing training of MOH staffs on integrated community based disease surveillance and response and Priority Global Health Security Agenda diseases
- Provide technical support to build capacity of health facility staffs, Community Mobilizers and CHVs and communities for preparedness for early detection and early action to mitigate impact epidemic and pandemic outbreaks.
- Liaise with CGPP/GHSA Manager and MOH to perform supervision monitoring in all supported facilities in quarterly basis.
- In liaison with CGPP/GHSA Manger Maintain ongoing collaboration and consultation with County Government Health Department and Veterinary Services, Core Group Polio Secretariat, WHO, UNICEF and other Partners.
- Prepare orders for sector activities and maintain inventories for the same.
- Contribute to program budget management by tracking expenditures and participating in monthly budget review meetings.
- Support the CGPP/GHSA Manager in preparation of program staff attendance and payment to facilitate payrolls.
- In liaison with CGPP/GHSA Manger compile weekly and monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Diploma or degree in Public health or health related discipline
- Registered with the relevant body.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience at the field level with an expertise in health and emergencies response.
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Team player.
- Demonstrated knowledge, competency and professional skills on the public health aspects of
- Infectious disease control, epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Previous experience in implementation of Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR).
- Experience in implementing projects in multi – stakeholder’s environment.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.