Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Jumia’s Accounts Payable Manager
The role of the Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. You will complete payments, control expenses by: receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices, day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.A detailed Job description for the position is as follows;
- Ensuring the team’s work is accurate and invoices are approved for payment using the correct set process
- Planning and execution of the vendor payment routines on agreed timelines.
- Managing the accuracy of the vendor database and reconciliation of vendor account with supplier statement.
- Managing the accounts payable function that may or may not include performing the duties of an Accounts payable Officer from time to time.
- Completing month-end closing reviews, procedures and corrections as needed.
- Overseeing all Accounts payable processes from petty cash to expense reports to account reconciliation, General Ledger – sub-ledger reconciliations.
- Assist in negotiating with vendors to receive better payment terms
- Acting as a liaison for the accounting department in order to solve accounts payable disputes
Desired Candidate ProfileThe right applicant would have the following skillset:
- 3+ years in accounts functions especially accounts payable and tax systems
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field
- Professional accounting qualifications – CPA (At least Part III) or ACCA certification or their equivalent) is highly desirable.
- (Analytical) advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of any of the accounting software(s) will be an added advantage.
- The ability to both work in and lead a small team – you make the most out of collaboration
- Great relationship management skills – both important internally, and externally with vendors and suppliers.
- Great interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication – strong “problem-solving skills” and high attention to detail.
Does this sound like you?
- Team management experience
- Strong planning and organisational skills to run a streamlined operation in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Positive working attitude, with a focus on results
- Self-motivated, with a desire for continual learning
- Possess high levels of integrity and ethics
Why Jumia:When you join Jumia, you will have an opportunity to: help their vendors grow their businesses beyond their imagination, fight for their customers so they get the best deals and the widest assortment of products, contribute to the growth of the local economy and most of all, build the largest e-commerce company in Africa.Their teams are driven, dynamic and entrepreneurial. They excel in taking on challenges and solving problems that have never been solved before.They recognize that their growth is largely influenced by the professionalism and career growth of their employees which they have backed with best practices and effective knowledge transfer from across the globe. That said, Jumia places value with diversifying knowledge within their organization as they consistently provide opportunities for staff to grow across different roles in the organization.More importantly, you will have the fun of working in an intense, challenging atmosphere and enjoying the sheer happiness as you surpass each and every milestone.
Click below to apply