Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year long educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world.
We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as life changing experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.WE is looking for an outstanding Medical Officer.The position will be based in Narok County, Kenya
Purpose of Position
Provision of medical services (Medical and Surgical care) to the sick or activities that obtain in the health institutions and wards in the We Charity medical institutions.To provide both informal and informal training to other health personnel working with him/her.
- Overall responsibility for the medical and surgical care of patients.
- Communicates with the hospital manager all reports that should be required for both Ministry of health and we charity.
- Ensures compliance with the Medical and Dentist PR actioners Board, Nursing council of Kenya, Kenya laboratory and technologist board and clinical officer’s council.
- Delegates responsibilities to appropriately qualified staff
- Arrange and attend Teleconferences and meetings as needed
- Review and give SOPs for approval by the Manager
- Compile weekly, quarterly and annual reports on hospital patient care progress
- Organize, coordinate and participate in the training of staff with guidance from Hospital manager.
- Ensure that clients/visitors understand the objectives of the Hospital.
- Obtain accurate medical history, perform medical examinations and perform medical and surgical procedures
- Perform we charity specific activities.
- Provide appropriate treatment and where necessary, facilitate referral of patients with complicated ailments.
- Receive and review laboratory results and track missing reports.
- Compile weekly, quarterly and annual hospital reports.
- Organize daily activities and functions of the hospital.
- Identify and resolve problems that arise in the hospital.
- Liaise with hospital manager in ensuring the maintenance of clinic equipment and facilities.
- Participate in hospital budget making process in liaison with the manager
- Ensure regular communication and correspondence with the hospital manager regarding clinical and administrative issues.
- Ensure regular communication and correspondence with other department heads regarding clinical and administrative issues.
- Coordinate the development of Hospital SOPs and ensure staff training and compliance to SOPs
- Ensure regular communication and correspondence with staff working in the community.
- Ensure all general and hospital supplies are in order.
- Supervise work of the clinic staff and ensure staff cohesion at the hospital.
- Supervise the orientation of new staff members.
- Assist the hospital manager in drawing a quarterly budget for hospital and community activities.
- Delegate responsibilities to appropriately qualified personnel.
- Participate in information seminars.
Required Academic QualificationsThe holder of this position must have a basic degree in Medicine (MBChB or MD) from a recognized University. He/she must be registered to practice medicine in Kenya. A bias for community service is desirable.Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- A Team player capable of building staff capacity through mentorship.
- Ability to provide effective leadership in the management of the hospital activities.
- A team leader with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be computer literate
HOW TO APPLY:
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world. WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team! WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.