Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Standard Group PLC is recognized as a leading multi-media house in East Africa. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital.
As part of our mandate to create learning opportunities, we are searching
for young smart, vibrant, creative and ambitious graduates to join the content team of www.standardmedia.co.ke – the #1 news site in Kenya. The Graduate Internship programme is a six month intensive opportunity
to learn from a great team of journalists and contribute to various Standard
Qualification and Skills:
- Recently graduated or about to graduate with a degree in communication, journalism or any other creative field.
- Experience and knowledge in web publishing.
- Willingness and ability to learn and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of video and social media platforms.
- Able to effectively and creatively use social media to engage
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Video production and editing skills (an added advantage).
We have vacancies for individuals with exceptional skills in the following sections:
- Social media
- Video desk
- Sports desk
- Entertainment (SDE)
Your application letter should clearly indicate:1. The section you are interested in.2. Links to work samples (if any).
- Work on various digital projects under the guidance of a mentor.
- Interview news sources for web and video platforms.
- Write creative content for various Standard Digital websites.
- Monitor newsfeeds for breaking news and information.
- Create and engage online communities.
- Generate visual content for various web platforms.
Click below to apply