Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Apply now Job no: 525911
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: G-4, Operations and Business Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Full potential
How can you make a difference?
- Receive, record and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail, Pouch and invoices from staff, vendors, and partners, including submitting Invoices for VAT application keeping track of these correspondence until action is taken.
- Dispatches outgoing communications, including pouches, special courier and hand delivery through outsourced messengers. Also, prepare workload statistics of sub-units and annual expenditure/accounts to maintain proper accounts for all courier mail, calculate, check, verify authenticity and process all invoices for a courier, pouch and postal mail for payment.
- Opens new subject files, as required, and disposes of old files in accordance with established Standard Operating
- Sets up and maintains the office filing system in accordance with an established classification system.
- Establishes and maintains records system of file movements within the office.
- Responds to inquiries regarding files, correspondence and references. Collects reference and background material from registry files, as requested. Prepares and types correspondence relating to registry activities.
- Prepare, and process requisitions for the replenishment of office stationery and equipment, as necessary. Review invoices and breakdown of charges by the vendor against items ordered and reconcile account for prompt payment to vendor. Keep up-to-date records of all orders, charges and invoices and misc. documents required to expedite payment to vendor and/ or to manage items in dispute.
- Maintain and update Record Management and Archives filing system. Ensure all paper archives, historical records, financial records, contracts and confidential information are converted to electronic formats and placed on digital platform. Manage electronic files/ documents, upload, transfer, and relocate materials to enable access to relevant information. Serve as administrator / focal point for record management & archive system. Respond to inquiries and represent unit in internal and external meetings.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education; knowledge of record-keeping procedures and some typing skills required.
- Four years of general clerical work, some of which is in a busy registry. Experience working with a diverse environment/serving demanding clientele is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the local language and the working language of the duty station.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Applications close: E. Africa Standard Time