Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Software Engineer – Mobile
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Software Development
Closing Date: September 27th, 2019 Location: Nairobi
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region.
Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold. With offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and Washington, DC – USA, we are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, education, and hospitality.
Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Africa Financial Fund (CAFF). Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.To manage its growing Technology needs, the firm is inviting applications from talented Mobile Application Software Engineers to join its competitive team of engineers in Cytonn Technologies. The developer will work with engineers, designers, business systems analysts and the innovations team to develop exciting mobile applications.
- Build new and engaging mobile applications
- Work with UI/UX designers and other engineers to build enterprise mobile solutions
- Deliver feature enhancements and continuous improvements to existing mobile apps
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A grade of B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in math and languages
- Computer Science (or related) degree with a minimum of upper second-class honors
- At least two-year coding experience working on production mobile applications. Experience in developing in the financial services industry is an added advantage
- Demonstrable experience in developing Android and iOS applications in React Native. Experience in Java/Kotlin and Swift is an added advantage
- Solid understanding of popular programming paradigms (object orientation & functional programming), data structures and algorithms
- Proficient understanding of version control systems (GIT)
- Ability to work long hours to complete requirements
- A passion for computing and software and engaging learning experiences, as well as desire to make a difference in a highly productive environment
- Desire to use technology to develop innovative solutions that solve real world problems
- Have at least two active applications downloadable from the Google Play Store
- Demonstrate experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
Click below to apply