Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Locations: Kenya.
mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
At mPharma, our loyalty is with the patient. We start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients with medical conditions afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 75+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms. We launched Mutti, our drug benefits service, to lower the cost of drugs for patients. We work with Payers, Drug Manufacturers and Providers to develop solutions that improve the access and affordability of medicines for patients. Our mission is to ensure universal access to drugs for all patients who need them. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for an experienced finance professional with a passion for disruptive technologies and making a social impact. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility of managing finances across our East Africa operations. They will be responsible for leading a team that is responsible for corporate planning, treasury management (receivable, payables, and cost management), and will perform all financial controller functions. If you are interested in joining our growing team, please find required and desired skills and qualifications below:
- Preparation of financial projections for new partnerships and group financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other applicable standards
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization, such as evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers, and investments
- Assist CFO in instituting financial reporting structure, reimbursement policies, travel report expenses policies.
- Provision of IFRS support to CFO and other mPharma staff as necessary
- Preparation of the annual financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensure that appropriate internal control and risk management procedures are in place and adhered to
- Management of the company’s receivable and payable accounts
- Liaise with external auditors and regulatory examiners to ensure financials in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Payroll and salary administration, including ensuring that all applicable payroll taxes are deducted and remitted
- Filing of tax returns to the various tax authorities
- Keep abreast with current changes in accounting standards as well as regulatory environments and ensure appropriate implementations
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in technology startup, investment banking or strategy consulting environment
- Strategy advising across pharmaceutical and technology sectors in areas relating to business development, financial reporting, taxation, auditing and accounting
- Excellent problem-solving skills and exceptional project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with accuracy
- Multi-tasker with leverageable background and exceptional project management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a part of a team
- Adept at creating presentations report writing and presenting findings
- Proactive, resourceful, and meticulous
- Fluency in English
- Chartered accountant and/or MBA.
- A BSC or BA degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, Engineering, Physical Sciences preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Finance/ Investment banking preferred
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Reports to Provider Business Head of Finance
- Offered a competitive salary and stock options in mPharma
- Start date is Jan 2019
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Head of Finance, East Africa (PBU) – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.