Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
**APPLICATIONS REVIEW IS ON A ROLLING BASIS**
**RESUME MUST NOT EXCEED 3 PAGES MAX WITH ONLY RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE**
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is an advisory and research organization focused on the evaluation and implementation of behavioral, economic, and social interventions in sub-Saharan Africa and beyond. Busara’s mission involves the application of rigorous research methods and evaluation tools to enable partners to improve program design, assess existing interventions, and optimize internal processes.
Busara was founded in 2013 and has active operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Nigeria and India.
Busara is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join our growing data team. You will be working closely with an existing team of data analysts, research associates and specialists to support projects data analysis.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Assist project teams in design of data collection tools, data downloading and uploading from mobile devices such as PDAs, Netbooks and smartphones.
● Collate, query and clean data coming in from field and lab projects, including flagging out inconsistencies and/or errors arising from data obtained from the field as part of routine data checks
● Conduct data cleaning and preparation for analysis, including well labelled and appropriately shaped data
● Maintain detailed and informative documentation on data cleaning, high frequency checks, error checking, and documentation
● Conduct statistical analysis on experimental and non-experimental datasets
● Presenting data from analysis using appropriate tables and visualizations
● Collaborate with project teams (associates, research specialists and analysts) throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that tools are designed in a way that study objective can be realized and that necessary hypotheses can be tested
● Collaborate and work closely with the programming team to integrate statistical analysis within developed software applications.
● Over 1 year(s) working experience in an analytics or research capacity.
● A relevant degree in Statistics, Economics or Mathematics
● Extensive experience with and command of either Stata, R, or Python required.
● Familiarity with interacting with SQL databases.
● Knowledge of survey programming (SurveyCTO and ODK)
● Demonstrated experience with statistical analysis and data modeling in both academic and professional settings
● Applied experience with machine learning techniques.
● Excellent management and organizational skills, strong communication skills.
● Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player.
● Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
● Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English.
● Familiarity with Behavioral Sciences is a plus.
● Familiarity with Version Control System e.g Git is a plus